Page 28 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 28

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    They probably don't tell us these things because we're not normal. I mean, how many people would be annoyed at being restricted to the couch for a couple of weeks? Aside from anyone who's interesting

I agree that the why is very important. After all, how many rules really don't matter and how can we know the difference if we don't get the reasoning behind the ones that do?

NorCalGirlDiver is offline Senior Member
    I feel your pain! My hips are hurting so much I can barely walk and I am used to logging 15-20 miles a week. Off to the chiro today to see if she can help. I am going stir crazy and do is my dog!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    15lb is heavy?!? So sad. Anyway - have fun under the house and on RPR and be nice to your stitches!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    YAHOO!! I am now done under the house until next summer when I crawl back under to fix some issues with the insulation on the heat ducts. As in the lazy a** that was installing them only insulated the straight runs. None of the curves, none of the joints......if the insulation didn't go all the way around the pipe he only wrapped the top....
    It is so warm down under that it isn't surprising that the rats and mice like to hide out there in the winter. I would.

Tonight's dinner is a spaghetti squash cqasserole that an MDA member submitted a video for. I think it is tasty but I just realized that my hubby has a hard time going outside his comfort zone. TS. I am not cooking a second meal just for him if he doesn't like it. He can fend for himself.

Oh! My first spammer. You would think they could come up with their own words instead of using all of mine.

Now that the medical stuff is behind me it is time to reassess what I am trying to accomplish with PB.

My nephew is getting married in June. I would love to be leaner by then. I put on all my weight on my hips and I would love not to have these ridiculous fat pads hanging around.

I need to recondition for hiking. RPR's will be a great way to do this. Between the medical stuff and the kitchen remodel I have not gotten enough exercise since July. Watch out, world!

I really want to build up a collection of PB compliant recipes to turn to. Last night's spaghetti squash casserole is a definite keeper.

I plan on continuing to introduce new foods one at a time. Expanding our culinary horizons, so to speak.

In order to keep from settling into a comfortable rut, I am going to learn something new. A new language? A new craft? Challenging myself in order to keep life interesting.

This should be an interesting journey!

Grr..........I keep trying to post the photo of myself on top of Mt. Townsend with the Olympics in the background. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I am a 'show me' girl. Reading what to do escapes my comprehension.

Can anyone help me? What is a URL anyway? Is there a thread on how to post photos? HELP!!

When I was at the hairdresser the other day, she told me what a great job i have been doing taking care of my hair. This puzzled me as I have not been doing anything different than I have always done. It wasn't until yesterday that I realized that the bottom of my hair, the oldest, is coarser than the newer hair. Hmmm, what do you know. The healthier, nicer hair is exactly the amount that has been growing in the last six months since I went primal. I cannot wait for the older stuff to grow out!

phreebie is offline Senior Member
    Here is one way, much like diet & lifestyle, it isn't the only way, but I've had success with it.

Go to Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing

Sign in to your new account

There is an 'upload photos and video' link - follow that

Upload a picture and make sure it is set to public (the default)

After uploading, go to the homepage, under photostream you should see a small copy of your picture.

Click on it.

Above the picture, about a 3rd of the way across it says 'share' - click that

Click the bit that says Grab the HTML/BBCode

It tells you to copy and paste the code in the box below BUT Before you do that, do this:

for the forums you probably want to select 'Medium 500' so that the pic will fit nicely in the frame.

Make sure the little blue dot is in the BBCODE hole and not the HTML one

THEN

Copy the code in the box - it will have square brackets and URL= and a whole bunch of letters etc.

Make sure you get it all (the box scrolls down some)

Then paste that into your post where you want the pic, and it should look like this after you submit it:

IMG_5184 by Phreebie, on Flickr

I hope that helps, holler if not. Sorry if the instructions are either too obvious or too complex, but if you take it 1 step at a time it should work out ok. It probably takes longer to read the instructions than it does to follow them

Show us that mountain!!

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Grr..........I keep trying to post the photo of myself on top of Mt. Townsend with the Olympics in the background. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I am a 'show me' girl. Reading what to do escapes my comprehension.

Can anyone help me? What is a URL anyway? Is there a thread on how to post photos? HELP!!
    Live. Grow. Flourish.

My Journal/story is at http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread38948.html

phreebie is offline Senior Member
    Also, this way, if you want to share pics with people who may not be comfortable navigating a forum of fat eaters, you can simply send them to the picture on Flickr.

There are plenty of other photo sharing sites out there too - Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket is popular, but I've written the instructions for Flickr.....
    Live. Grow. Flourish.

My Journal/story is at http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread38948.html

Page 28 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast