Page 27 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 27

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I really like tapioca flour, it's more heat-resistant than arrowroot. I just dissolve it in a little water before adding it to stuff
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Well, I do have both in the cupboard. I'll give the tapioca flour a try in the next stew. I did use it in a blackberry pie and the only problem was operator error. I used half of what I should have. DUH. I do not know why. It was still very tasty and we just called it cobbler instead.

It has been six months since I started this lifestyle. I cannot report massive weight loss like some people but i am okay with that. I can breathe, my belly fat is pretty much gone and DH lost close to 30 pounds. This medical stuff has the scale going up, down, up, down, up........... Instead of getting discouraged I need to remind myself that I am not putting weight back on like I thought I would be with going from an extremely active lifestyle to an extremely sedentary one lately. Once the doc releases me from restrictions and I can resume an active lifestyle we'll see what happens. If nothing else, I will be extremely happy.

I miss RPR's.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    And remind yourself that the sedintary thing is probably going to be shorter since you're not contstantly re-inflaming yourself every time you eat. Just every time you rake leaves I bet you'll be back to RPRs in relativly no time.

Every time I rake leaves and do everything else I am not supposed to as far as reaching, bending, twisting.....hey, all he told me was don't lift over ten pounds and no crawling under the house until December. My post-op appointment is tomorrow. Shall I let him scold me? Care to guess whether or not I'll get in trouble??
    Update tomorrow. Dang, I hope he releases me from restrictions. The progress of my kitchen is depending on it!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    As long as you're following his rules, there's no way he can get away with scolding you. Not your fault he wasn't sufficiently specific. *crosses fingers* for a good update!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    I bet he'll be amazed by your recovery progress, you'll be under the house in no time!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

So funny you should say that! I just crawled out from under the house!! Back under again tomorrow but some very important wiring issues will be done.

So the only restriction I have is to not lift over 15 pounds up until Christmas. This is so the stitches on the internal abdominal wall don't pop and allow the bowels to escape into a hernia. O....kay. Now that I know that is why, I think I will follow doctor's orders a bit better. The good news is that RPR's are no longer off limits, I can get the smaller trees and shrubs planted and I can rake leaves with abandon. WAHOO!!!!

BeckaSki is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the reduced restrictions! It's interesting that knowing WHY you aren't allowed to do something helps you be more compliant.

A friend of mine broke her wrist and had to have surgery to repair it. They told her she could do "whatever she wanted" almost immediately after because maintaining the muscle was very important. It turns out that "whatever she wanted" did not include yoga, skiing, or really anything fun. The doctor eventually sat down with my friend and explained the exact types of forces that would cause more damage, so she could better understand what she would be "wanting" to do until it recovered.

So, why can't they tell you this stuff at the very beginning so you know why you shouldn't do something?

The doc did tell me no heavy lifting and I said he would have to be more specific and give me a number as lifting 40 to 60 pounds is my normal, not what I would consider heavy. Hence the 15 pounds.

Back under the house today. Once that is done, we are celebrating!!

Page 27 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast