Page 24 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 24

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am so far ahead on the healing curve! My neighbor was very surprised when she stopped by last night to find me up and about and to learn that I had spent the previous two days out and about. Granted, someone else did the driving, but still. She said most people wouldn't have been that active that soon after that surgery. Primal pays off.

The swelling is down this morning, my inner abdomen doesn't ache like it did. I will have to be careful not to overdue things. I don't need or want a setback. Maybe I'll content myself with starting to move things back into my kitchen. What I really want to be doing is raking leaves and planting things.

Speaking of kitchens, I am very frustrated because I have found lots of new recipes I want to try but until the cooktop and sink are in, I am not going to try. Oh, it would be nice to have the fridge out of the living room as well.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    No moving the sink and fridge back into the kitchen! Little stuff only! Lots of move slowly . . .

You sound like you're doing great, though! As obnoxious as behaving yourself might be, the fact that you don't want to is probably a good sign. If you were not healing well, you'd probably be more amenable to laying on the couch.

Those eggs sound great. I've been on an oregeno kick in my scrambled eggs- I forgot about cinnamon. Hmm, I might have to give that another try for variety . . .

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    sounds like you're doing great! and I can't wait to hear about your cooking adventures in the new kitchen =D
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Okay, so maybe I wasn't ready for a full day of running errands by myself. Swelling is back up, abdomen aches again. GRRRRR. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!!

I did find a recipe i really want to try. It needs a better name, though. I'll give you a description and then tell you the name.

Brown bacon and onion, press into the bottom of a springform pan. Saute' garlic and sage in bacon grease. Mix with cream cheese, bacon and pumpkin (maybe egg?) pour into pan and bake. Top with crumbled bacon, sage and pumpkin seeds.

The name? Savory Pumpkin Cheesecake. I think the word cake makes you think sweet. Anyhoo, I am going to try this with steamed butternut squash instead. Full recipe @ Going Low Carb . Help me think of a different name for it for the recipe files, please!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm, that sounds yummy, but would you use it as a spread or something?
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

"Better Than Pumpkin Pie"

No, this isn't spreadable as it has the consistency of a cheesecake. Think of it as breakfast in a dessert form.

I really like the name you suggested, drssgchic. You might have something there.

Would someone please tie me to a chair or something? I did entirely too much bending over today, too much moving around and not near enough relaxing. I am paying for it now. Three ibuprofen, my blankie and a recliner later I am actually feeling a bit better. Even though the swelling hasn't gone down yet, the scale has. A new low! 182.5. Granted, the loss is due more to removing a uterus the size of a large cantaloupe but, hey, I'll take what I can get! I wonder where I'll end up weight wise when the dust settles?

Wait- isn't it your hubby's job to tie you down? On second thought- not restful. *sigh* I suppose. *lashes honeybuns to her recliner*

Yay on the weightloss! Sure, it wasn't the way you wanted to lose, but you still dropped unnecessary flesh!

Let us know when you've got the recipe nailed down- I want to take it in for a team breakfast to give my coworkers heart attacks (shock, you know, not cholesterol)

Tonight's dinner is pork and butternut squash stew followed by apple crisp. While I haven't started the stew prep yet, I had the butter setting out to soften (on my new counter!) in a bowl. My grey dog is a counter surfer but these new counters are way higher than the old ones. I was very surprised when I rounded the corner only to have her spit a well-jawed cube of butter at my feet! Believe me, she only gave it to me because I caught her with it.

I am trying tonight's apple crisp with almond flour, hazelnut meal and coconut sugar. I don't see how it couldn't be delicious!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh, crap. The flooring for the kitchen will take almost three weeks to get here and it is holding up the whole shootin' match. I am not going to get upset though as there are people that have it far worse than I do.

Page 24 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast