Page 23 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 23

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I am home! One night in the hospital was plenty, thank you very much.

Let's see. The doctor said that considering the amount of work he did in my abdomen he expected far more bleeding (yay clotting!), for me to have far more pain, and for me to spend more time in the hospital than I did. I did not take a single pain pill! Breakfast the day after surgery consisted of scrambled eggs and bacon followed by two hard boiled eggs DH brought me. What a sweetheart! I ended up doing six laps up and down the hall, four of them by myself. I could see no good reason for them to keep me there another night. What was so funny is that the nurse kept trying to get me to order lunch. After a high protein meal just a couple of hours earlier, no way was I ready for anything to eat!
    So good to be home. While I was MIA, the cabinet guy got the countertops almost done. Soon, very soon I'll have a kitchen again! The doctor told hubby point blank that for the next month I am not to crawl under the house, move any furniture, not do anything but heal.

I am going to miss my RPR's.

Good thing I decided not to worry about weight any more. Post surgery i am up ten pounds. I know that is fluids etc and is my body's reaction to what was done to it. Good news is that i will not only lose those ten pounds but also the weight of my ginormous uterus with tumors and the doc said that removing that should get my body back in synch and I'll drop even more weight.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Yay to a quick recovery to get out! Amazing what a little bacon can do.

Hey, since you almost have a kitchen and can't do any heavy lifting- it's a perfect excuse to start on those recipes you've been talking about! (Ok, so it might not help the 10#, but you're in recovery right now- weight is secondary)

For sure I'll be doing recipe research! I really do not want to be in a rut and with DH embracing this lifestyle we could have new taste adventures!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Yay, I'm glad you're healing so well! I think that when you're up for it, RPR sounds like a very healing activity (if you stay out of the ravines, anyway).
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Wow, staying out of the ravines? Where is the fun in that?!

Okay, I'll be good and do what the ottercat tells me to do.

.............and the ten pounds are gone again! If only it was always this easy.

WAHOO!! The friend that I tried to get interested in this WOE a couple of months ago finally is showing great interest due to someone else's weight loss. I don't care who got her interested, just that she is! 5'2" and 200 pounds is not a healthy combination. She has already done the hard part and eliminated breads and other wheat flour products from her diet and just needs to do more research into foods. Which to avoid, which to eat in moderation..................
    My recovery is frustrating. I do not play helpless female well, am not good about asking for help and want to be 100% RIGHT NOW!!!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    So glad your surgery went well. I know its hard for an active woman to be inactive. Hang in there. And..Yay for the almost finished kitchen!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks!! Had a texting chat with my cousin-who-should-have-been-the-bratty-younger-brother-I-never-wanted this morning who reminded me that this is part of the 'for better or worse' and I should let my hubby do his job of taking care of me. Not an easy thing to do, but I am trying.

Speaking of DH, he really isn't a scrambled egg kind of a guy but the cupboards are bare until I go to the store again. So, for breakfast this morning we had sausage patties with scrambled eggs but................I seasoned them like I was making a french toast batter. HWC, eggs, cinnamon, maple syrup and scrambled them that way. He loved them!! We'll be doing more of that I am sure.

Page 23 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast