Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 22

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Don't worry, we'll still be here when you have nothing better to do than hang out with us online

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Thanks!

Well, I did get thirteen trees and shrubs planted yesterday. Too bad they weren't the big ones! Back under the house tomorrow to pull wires, which puts me one step closer to having a kitchen.

Bought a few new things at the natural foods store today. Tapioca flour, arrowroot flour, coconut flour, almond meal. Now I have to learn how to use them.

I have given up on thinking about losing weight and am just concentrating on eating and feeling better. Once I'm post surgery and I stop this survival eating I may or may not worry about it. I will not go back to eating the way I was. I like being able to breathe out of both my nostrils at once.

Dh is learning first hand what binges will do to you. Well, not really binges but allowing treats on a regular basis. He is up five pounds while I am holding steady. We are eating the same meals but he has been snacking on cookies and cashews. I haven't. The cashews were purchased so I could make trail mix for my hikes. I thought I put them in a safe place but when I went to get them half the bag was gone. I am never going to tell him what he can and cannot eat because if I did he'd do just the opposite.

Day after tomorrow. Surgery. UGH. Four weeks of not lifting more than ten pounds. UGH.

Today. Scrambling to get things moved into the greenhouse to overwinter. Scrambling to get things planted. Scrambling to get the last of the wires in the crawlspace pulled.

Tomorrow. Making lots of primal food for the freezer so DH has to think about what is for dinner the first week I am laid up. Scrambling to get things planted. Scrambling, scrambling, scrambling.

Day after tomorrow. Someone else gets to scramble while I "kick back".

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with your surgery, honeybuns! I hope your hubby takes good care of you while you're resting. Looks like you're going to need a rest after all that scrambling! I bet the weight loss and the primal diet will really help to speed your recovery!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

NorCalGirlDiver is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with your surgery. Recovery has to be better when you are primal!

BeckaSki is offline Senior Member
    I hope you got the freezer well stocked and hubby well trained. Good luck with your surgery, and a speedy recovery!

Thank you everyone!

Today is the day. No food or beverages after midnight. Check. Thanks to this way of eating I never eat before 10:30am anyway and by then I'll be in the OR. Why on a morning I cannot have coffee or tea did I have to wake up a full five hours early?? Thank goodness for reading the forums!

Food is in the freezer, hubby knows his duties and I get to be a lazy bum for a change!!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with the surgery and the healing! Sending healthy thoughts your way.

Enjoy the lazing about, too

phreebie is offline Senior Member
    Good luck for the surgery (Skill is better but a little luck can't hurt either.)

and best wishes for a speedy recovery. I enjoy reading your journal.
    Live. Grow. Flourish.

My Journal/story is at http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread38948.html

Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast