Page 20 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 20

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Happy Anniversary!

Good luck with the UTI- those are nasty. Have you had a chance to make/eat any broth with your kitchen in pieces?

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    No, I haven't, but I do have some really good homemade chicken stock in the freezer. How about a good fall soup in the crockpot??

I have been doing internet searches the last couple of days for cinnamon rolls made without all purpose flour. Almond and coconut flour queries didn't turn up much, gluten free turned up more. I was pleasantly surprised how many turned up when I put grainfree cinnamon rolls into the search box. Once I have a kitchen, I'll be winnowing through the recipes until I find THE ONE. Then I will share it with everyone! I already know I will use coconut sugar with the cinnamon. That stuff is so tasty!!

Happy 34th anniversary to us!! Now, if i had a kitchen we'd be having some totally awesome full on primal meal. Since we don't, and i shouldn't have to cook on our anniversary any way, we are having a boxed lasagne, the best I could find, and apple turnovers with vanilla ice cream with the bare minimum of ingredients. If you are going to cheat, cheat healthy! Okay, not really healthy but at least I took the time to read the ingredient lists!!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Aww, congrats on the 34th!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Thank you! The best part is that I really like him, even more than when I married him. Okay, I love him, that is a given, but I REALLY like him!

Last nights dinner made me wonder about the people who eat that stuff all the time and consider it real food. I ate the guts out of it and didn't eat the noodles. DH did and he said they were not very tasty. We discussed alternatives like eggplant and zucchini instead of noodles. I can see some experimenting in my future. The turnovers were a lot sweeter than I remembered. The ice cream had just five ingredients, REAL ones!!

DH now weighs what he weighed in 1969 when he got out of the Air Force. Go, team!!

Well, the bloodwork is back and all numbers are optimal except HDL which is still low. This has alleviated his fears that eating this way would send his cholesterol skyrocketing. I wish we had last years numbers to compare it to! Before his heart attack his overall cholesterol was 267.

Total cholesterol 136
    Lower than 200 optimal

LDL 77
    Lower than 100 optimal

HDL 41
    40-59 borderline risk (if he would only exercise this would improve immensely)

Triglycerides 90
    Lower than 150 optimal

So, all in all a fantastic blood panel! My hope is to eventually have the doctor take him off of meds. We've only been at this four months. How will all this look after a year?!
    I am so glad that he now knows that eating this way is causing no harm.

NorCalGirlDiver is offline Senior Member
    Congrats! That is great news! I would love to get my hubby off meds.

Heading out for a mountain hike for my birthday tomorrow! My sister is going with me which is fantastic as I'd love to get her enthused about hiking again. I am providing the nourishment for the day so there ought to be no energy slumps.

Full disclosure on my return!

BeckaSki is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Thank you! The best part is that I really like him, even more than when I married him. Okay, I love him, that is a given, but I REALLY like him!
    I hope I can say that about my husband after 34 years of marriage! Sometimes I struggle with it a little after only 4. I bet it's one of those things that comes and goes depending on all sorts of circumstances.

Happy birthday hiking tomorrow!

Remember that it is OKAY not to like them all the time. There was a time when, with the right persuasion, that I would have traded him gladly. Frustrations more than anything.

Spent a fair amount of the night running through my hiking preparations in my head wondering what i might have forgotten. It is supposed to be in the thirties up there today so layers, layers, layers! Camera, check. Oh, I guess i had better check for sd card and batteries. As long as I can keep us warm enough and fueled enough, it ought to be a kickass adventure!

Page 20 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast