Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 2

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    190 this morning. WHAT?!? Seeing the scale go down quickly is so strange. This has never happened before but I like the result. Only time will tell if this is the way it is going to be. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the scale go down and know that FINALLY something I'm trying is working.

Eating the CW way my husband always had a precipitous drop in energy in the afternoons especially when he was on a project. Absolutely no energy, shaking, trembly hands........now that he is eating primal all of that is gone. major plus in his book.

I think that I will start weighing once a week instead of every day. Now that i am in a downward trend i won't need to check as frequently to make sure it isn't going back up.

Off to explore Primal Recipes for dinner.
    Congratulations! I need the feed-back from the scale, even if only every few days, for I have only gained weight when I didn't check regularly. I like the data points along with tracking my food. My husband also has found his energy is really great on primal, and is as much a fan as I am. He lost about 30-40lbs (he doesn't weigh often so it's a guess), but his belt is down four inches which he finds a rewarding daily reminder of the good the meat and veggie diet is doing him. What you describe about your husband indicates some level of hypoglycemia, which I had for years. Have a lot of energy, then want to collapse. So he will continue to improve on the primal. I have lots of energy all day now. I get up about 5:30-6am usually and go busily until about 9p when I want to get to bed and read for an hour or so. So, all good trends for you and your DH.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Note to self - if you are going to cheat, do it with top quality! Gutbombs are not worth it!!

Yesterday was a good lesson in indulgence. Breakfast was a bit of a cheat. Cinnamon rolls with turkey breakfast sausage. Really, really horrible cinnamon rolls. If you are going to cheat, for heaven's sake make it worth it!!

B-Lousy cinnamon rolls and turkey breakfast sausage.
    L-Cold top sirloin and avocado. yum!
    D-Pork chop, kale with bacon and onion, acorn squash with butter. Could only manage two bites of the pork but polished off the kale and squash. I WAS STUFFED!! Had to pass on the strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Biggest shocker was that DH passed on dessert. This man has had a major sweet tooth for the 37 years I have known him and he lives for dessert! So far eating this way has him staying away from sugary treats he always felt were a must and I am very pleased about that. Now if I could just get him to give up the potato chips........

RPR day! Fun and adventure for me today!

For the first time since we started this WOE DH commented that the steel cut oats we were having was a pretty lousy breakfast. Wow. What a change in his way of thinking. In order to give all of this a try and not put him off I told him we could start by having the steel cut oats every other day instead of every day like we've been doing for years. We've now got it down to once a week and it just isn't tasty like it used to be. Since he is seeing for himself the changes i am not having to battle him for dietary changes, thank goodness!

LOVE apple slices with cashew butter!

Felt really discouraged yesterday and finally tracked it down to feeling bloated and wearing a pair of pants that always mede me feel fat. Cannot wait to get rid of them!

Yesterday was a very good illustration of the difference protein and fats in your diet.Breakfast was steelcut oats. Ihad a 1/4 cup chopped nuts on mine. Lunch was apple slices with cashew butter. That was the extent of the protein until dinner. Went exploring the logging roads in the afternoon.

RPR was not fun, was not an adventure but more of a drudge due to not having energy. Just two days prior when I had lots of protein my mood was fantastic, my energy was boundless and I really enjoyed myself trekking through the woods. Not so yesterday. Fortunately we had a really tasty potroast for dinner.

You can bet I made a high protein breakfast this morning. Scramble with ghee. Chinese cabbage, scallions, yellow peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes with eggs, diced ham and cheese.

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Had a kickass time on the RPR in spite of getting rained on, taking the wrong hill and sliding down on my keester. Did I mention how different everything looks in July than it does in January?? Thank goodness I have a dog that never forgets how to get us back!

Journals are for recording ones thoughts, right? So, here is something I have been thinking about since I read on someone's journal that at 180 pounds they are in a size 8 pant. I think that is fantastic and I am happy for them. I just cannot lose sight of the fact that everyone has a different shape. Heck, at 120 pounds I was still in a size 12! All of my weight goes on between my waist and my knees and I have broad hips. Since my upper body doesn't carry the weight it has been easy to fool myself into thinking that everything was just fine!

Note to self. Celebrate the successes of everyone no matter what the weight or pant size!
    If you stay in this lifestyle long enough it will make you rethink everything you thought you knew about yourself. I never thought I would get under 200lbs again and I hit 180lbs with no problem. I never thought I would be wearing pants with a 32" waist ever again. I am now and came from a 34" waist while staying at ~180lbs. Handstand push ups yep. Bust out a dozen pull ups yep. It is uplifting to accomplish things that in my head a couple years ago were impossible. Keep it up and you will see too.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

MightyAl, I certainly hope so. Right now I am feeling discouraged when I really have no reason to feel this way.

Sugarbaby was right though, about the ups and downs. Bloating, poor fit in pants all made me feel defeated. I suppose it is residual from my earlier attempts to do the "right thing" and not be successful at all. This morning the bloating is mostly gone and the scale is back down to where it was.

I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest so rain is no big deal. For the last three days, however, we have had Oct/Nov weather. Steady rain all day. This is mid-July and we are already having one of the coolest summers in a long time. Highs are upper 50's, low 60's. Don't get me wrong, I love this weather.............in November.

This next weekend we are going to visit the friend that I told about PB. Hopefully she'll see enough of a difference to ask me more about it. She is 5'2" and 200 pounds and has tried WW at least three times that I know of. I won't preach. She has said she'll make a Primal meal for us!

Meals are keeping me satieted. High protein breakfast means just a snack about threepm followed by a small dinner. so cool not to have the munchies all of the time.

REALLY good day today!

Breakfast was a fritatta chock full of veggies and sausage at 10:30am. Drove to our great-niece's first birthday party and each had two shrimp. We just were not hungry. Ate a few nuts on the drive home. Here it is 8pm and still not hungry but we ate a small amount of pot roast. Saving room for strawberry shortcake!
    It will be so easy to only eat two meals a day eating like this. The full and satisfied feeling is around all the time now, unlike with the way we used to eat. I AM NEVER GOING BACK TO IT!!

PrimalCon New York
    Went to Grocery Outlet today and came home with 90% dark chocolate, cashew butter, nitrite/nitrate free bacon and organic cheddar from grassfed cows. Not the sorts of foods one usually associates with a discount store but if you pay attention you can score big! The applewood smoked bacon was only $2.49lb!!
    I am so glad that DH is onboard with this way of eating.

Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast