Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 19

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    So, you want to see the paint that actually made it on to the walls or the paint that is on my shirt, pants, glasses, hands and in my hair? Tidy painter I AM NOT!! I do a great job. Just slower than molasses. Like you, Orannhawk, I am dreadfully underpaid!

You sure the security guard wasn't looking at the temperature indicators that you pack around in front of you? DH just came in and told me how chilly it was outside and I had been out there right before him and thought it was pleasant. Of course, he doesn't have the insulating layer that he used to, either. I guess we know who'll be outdoors this winter and who will be inside complaining!!

The ranger that has switched to primal/paleo is off hiking in the Himalayas for three weeks. So glad it is her and not me! I am interested in knowing how she ate on this trip as everything is provided.
    LOL .....I'll let you choose, but seriously I would love to see the finished look ... what kind of color change did you make ? I just hate the up the ladder, down the ladder part of painting walls !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

BeckaSki is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    So, you want to see the paint that actually made it on to the walls or the paint that is on my shirt, pants, glasses, hands and in my hair? Tidy painter I AM NOT!! I do a great job. Just slower than molasses. Like you, Orannhawk, I am dreadfully underpaid!
    Ha! I know this feeling. I stenciled a wall in my bathroom last week and I truly think there was more paint on me than on the wall by the end. It was brutal. Hopefully you'll be done soon.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    The need for all this painting comes from having torn down the kitchen walls and opening it up to the rest of the living/dining area.The color change isn't too dramatic but the previous color tended to go pink in certain lights and I have changed it to a goldenrod tan which goes better with the hickory cabinets. I was smart enough to prime and paint the kitchen side first so progress could be made there while I was working on the rest of the room. That has now been primed and I am going to ignore it while I go paint the sewing room. I'll get back to it. Three years ago I took the popcorn off the ceilings and we have been living with the bare drywall. Now that it has been textured I have to paint ALL the ceilings as well as walls and I HATE painting ceilings!! The end is in sight but it just cannot get here fast enough to suit me.

I am really excited about the weather today, even though I won't be out in it much. Clear, crisp and windy. Just the kind that brings fall colors to the trees and reminds you that the winter clothes had best be brought out of storage. i am sitting here watching the maple leaves fall abd seeing the first bit of color on the oak tree outside the door. I WANT TO BE HIKING IN THIS!! Soon. Only a week until my birthday hike. There will be corned beef in the crockpot waiting for my return and DH has promised a primal pumpkin pie.

If i can figure out how to post pics here I'll see if I can be something other than the jumping Grok for my avatar.

Admitting stupidity.

Yup. I was stupid. Why else would I grab a cast iron skillet out of a 425 degree oven without using a hot pad? That second degree burn has healed and the blister is gone as of yesterday.

Yup. I was stupid today. Why else would I lay my bare hand on a hot burner to see if it was still turned on? Lots of little blisters on my hand and they hurt.

Yup. I will probably be stupid tomorrow also. I hope it doesn't involve intense heat.

Okay, so now the scale is going down, down, down. I give up. Just let me know when I look hot in that shirt that didn't quite fit when I bought it!

It is a real eye opener to go shopping at your regular grocery store and try to find things that will fit this WOE without a ton of preparation. ALL the 'convenience' foods are out, ice cream, gelato, etc are out, snack foods-out. i spend a lot less time in the grocery than I used to. Now every time I go in I grab another staple item whether I need it or not. Coconut milk, check. Eggs, check. If I can do a little here and a little there I am not going to feel the expense the way i would if I did a major shopping trip.

I cannot wait to have a kitchen again where I can actually develop some primal favorites!

Sleep? What sleep?? Last night was just awful. I went to bed around 9pm, which is actually a little late for me, woke up about 11:45pm, lay awake until I got up at 1:45am and i have been awake ever since. Since I am not a television watcher I spent the next six hours surfing the web and reading Clive Cussler. Now I am attempting to paint the sewing room.

I think I will stay away from hot things.

.....and back up goes the scale!

This is a very good lesson in why you shouldn't get wrapped up in what the scale says. I am eating clean but in the last three days my weight has fluctuated up and down and up again almost ten pounds. No way is that from how I am eating.

Just started an antibiotic that you cannot take with calcium. I hadn't planned on going dairy free but I will be for the next week. I cannot drink coffee without milk in it. I tried it with coconut milk yesterday and it is just not a favorite. I can, however, drink tea without milk so I'll be cutting out coffee for a week also.

BeckaSki is offline Senior Member
    You're having a rough go of it at the moment. I've seen the scale do some wild things when my sleep is out of sorts, so hopefully you can get some good sleep, finish your painting, and see the scale continue to go down soon!

Thanks! I am having several things go on at once, aren't I? To add to everything, the UTI that made itself known in August is still causing problems. I'm on my fourth round of antibiotics. Next stop urologist if the UA still shows trace amounts of blood.

It is our 34th anniversary today and I'll be painting and dreaming of a life of leisure...........

Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast