Page 18 of 100 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 18

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Ottercat! THAT is the recipe I have been trying to find! I have strawberries in the freezer ready for making shortcake. Now I need to get the almond flour!

NCGD, whatever you do, DO NOT PUSH AT ALL!! Men come from a different planet.

I am missing fall. My all time favorite season and I am missing it. It is a very good thing that what is causing me to miss it is vitally important or hubby would have a GRITCH to live with! (gritch =grumpy bitch). We are having clear, sunny days with crisp nights which is a bonus in the Pacific Northwest. I have tons of planting to do and I am stuck inside all day!! Today I am not going to paint a thing as all of the dishes, silverware, pots and pans have been used and need to be washed. I still have not sealed the grout on the tile around the bathtub (from last summer!) so washing them in the tub is out. Thank goodness I have hot water on an outside faucet! I will never again take the kitchen sink or dishwasher for granted and I hope beyond hope that this experience will keep me from letting dishes pile up. This sucks.

Nine days until my birthday hike!!

Before my last hike I was at 183. Now, I know that my weight will go up after a hike but usually comes back down on the third day. Not this time. Up and up and up. I am not eating any differently so i am not going to stress about it. CW would have me thinking that it was something I did wrong to cause it. Well, screw CW. Things will change once again once these meds are out of my system, once the kitchen is done and I get my RPR routine back.

Eight days until my birthday hike! Think I'll go climb a mountain.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, the apple crisp sounds lovely.

Great news about your husband. Hope the numbers are good as well, but we know they don't matter. My husband is doing more gluten free than Primal. Baby steps.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Baby steps is right. I let my hubby decide when he was ready to add something new to the mix and it has worked well for us.

I really liked the hazelnut flavor in the crisp topping and it was so much tastier the second day. I think I'll run the hazelnut meal through the coffee grinder and see if I can't get it finer.

Got out on a very short RPR this morning. Nice and crisp, the fog was just starting to burn off and it looks and smells like fall. Now I am back to priming and painting. The cabinets are suppossed to get installed some time this week, thank goodness!

Just finished a really tasty smoothie of banana, nectarines, coconut milk and whole milk. Should keep me full until dinner. Back to painting!

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    I want to see the cabinets and counter tops and new paint when you're all done !

I'm still stripping and sanding the cabinet doors here and wishing I had a great DIY solution for the counter top. I did find some awesome stainless tile that I'm going to install as the back-splash when I get the cabinets completed ... which I am determined to get finished asap ! I had hoped to get it all done before opening day, but I don't think that's gonna happen. So right now, it's all about scheduling in mornings at gym, off days on the cabinets and afternoons to hunt.
    Crap .... I have to squeeze in some work time too, or the boss is gonna be bitchy .... LMAO, good thing I'm self employed !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I agree on not liking being stuck inside! I went for my morning walk and when I came in the security guard asked me if I was cold- because it was cold out there and I was wearing a short-sleeve shirt. I said- no, it was just brisk. He assured me that it was cold. Really? Sure, I had goose-bumps, but that wasn't because it was cold- it was because I was under dressed. If it was cold- I would have needed a coat, hat, and gloves But now that the sun is going down earlier, I'm getting less time outside when I need it the most.

So, you want to see the paint that actually made it on to the walls or the paint that is on my shirt, pants, glasses, hands and in my hair? Tidy painter I AM NOT!! I do a great job. Just slower than molasses. Like you, Orannhawk, I am dreadfully underpaid!

You sure the security guard wasn't looking at the temperature indicators that you pack around in front of you? DH just came in and told me how chilly it was outside and I had been out there right before him and thought it was pleasant. Of course, he doesn't have the insulating layer that he used to, either. I guess we know who'll be outdoors this winter and who will be inside complaining!!

The ranger that has switched to primal/paleo is off hiking in the Himalayas for three weeks. So glad it is her and not me! I am interested in knowing how she ate on this trip as everything is provided.
    Last edited by honeybuns; 10-17-2011 at 04:14 PM.

SO sick of being inside!! DH took off for Home Depot, I headed outside with the pruning saw! and the push mower! and ate blackberries right off the cane!!!
    Okay, I am done now.

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I agree on not liking being stuck inside! I went for my morning walk and when I came in the security guard asked me if I was cold- because it was cold out there and I was wearing a short-sleeve shirt. I said- no, it was just brisk. He assured me that it was cold. Really? Sure, I had goose-bumps, but that wasn't because it was cold- it was because I was under dressed. If it was cold- I would have needed a coat, hat, and gloves But now that the sun is going down earlier, I'm getting less time outside when I need it the most.
    Grins ... when I first moved to New Mexico, my former fiance' really played up how "cold" it was, and I needed to have a really warm full length coat. So he bought me one, wore it once, left him (he was a crazy one) and then sold the coat on eBay. Heeeheee ... about a year later, my Mom is worrying and fretting that I don't have a winter coat and I "really need one" .... so she buys one and has it shipped to me. It's been packed away all nice and neat in a suck it up vacuum storage bag for three years now and I've never worn it. Tromped around in my boots and flannels in the snow, had a nice long wool hoodie sweater and even that made me too hot. I just didn't that deep, my bones are even cold feeling there, but I sure get it back here in Texas, as strange as that sounds .... all about the humidity and the sea levels I suppose !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Page 18 of 100 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast