Page 15 of 100 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 15

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Another major plus last night! Right up there with hubby giving up potato chips.

During one of my marathon painting sessions this week, DH baked my favorite pie, pumpkin. Yum! He is a big whipped cream guy, always from the spray can as he considered it a staple food right up there with potato chips. We are out of the whipped cream in a can so poured heavy cream over the pie instead. He thought that was so delicious that he doesn't want to ever go back to the whipped cream in a can! One more battle won without me having to fight it!

Time to get my PMA back. Not that I have been thinking negatively, just haven't been my upbeat self. Drudge work will do that to you, I suppose. All work and no play. Isn't that how the saying goes? Next week I should be able to start getting back into the swing of things. I have some big trees to plant now that the fall rains have returned. Lots of muscle work there. I WILL get my forest fix!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Can anybody provide me with some much needed words of encouragement right now?[/QUOTE]

Hi, Honeybun! Can I be you when I grow up? Not that I'm planning on growing up- tried it- it's overrated- but it's good to have goals

You're so upbeat about almost everything- it's great to read! And you're a great example that not being where I want while closing in on 30 just means a readjustment of the timeline.

Don't worry, I never did grow up! My theory is that if you aren't loving being alive then something really needs to change. Life is way too short for stress to be what you remember at the end of it. There is still so much I want to see and do. If I had given myself a deadline to do them in not only would I be frustrated but what would I have to look forward to? When I am 90 I will still be hiking and climbing trees. In reality this may not happen but thinking this way is a whole lot better than planning my demise.

When my hubby was 48 he said one day "Oh, I am getting old". I jumped his case. If you think OLD you will BE old! Because of that particular incident he is a very young, vibrant, 'let me at it' 65. Now, that guy NEVER grew up!

The painting is going extremely well. Enough so that I think we'll be able to resume the RPRs next week. I sure hope so because my younger sister and I are going for a birthday hike in three weeks. She hasn't been a hiker, I am not in as good a shape as I was and I do not want to be left behind by her. Not only that but I really need the mental soothing and stimulus that an RPR provides for me.

Meals have been hit and miss in quality and quantity. We haven't lapsed back into CW eating but we could sure do better with getting enough protein and veggies. I think I'll hit the farmstand before breakfast this morning. I really need to have everything on hand for making a really tasty scramble.

Breakfast is usually about 10:30am, dinner about 7pm. That makes a fifteen hour window between dinner and breakfast. I guess we are doing an IF after all. The cool thing is that we just are not hungry between breakfast and dinner. Protein satiety is so awesome!

Random thought-weight loss

Not what you might think. This is more about differences in how I have lost weight from CW vs Primal. On CW, it was like rolling down a window. First my face, then my boobs, maybe my butt and then on to my thighs. With Primal I have lost no size in the boobs, the upper abdominal fat and belly fat went first followed by my thighs. When my butt finally starts shrinking I am going to celebrate!

Carve out time for nonsense!

Yet another new low on the scale today. Granted, I am seeing the change in ounces but the overall trend is downwards. I really shouldn't get discouraged because that is 18 pounds in less than four months. That is a success by anyones standards. It is just a little frustrating that I haven't gone down a pant size yet. My fat pads on my hips aren't changing yet. At least the fat on my torso is changing for the better.

My hiking buddy wanted to go for a long hike tomorrow and I feel very badly that I had to tell him I couldn't this week. I get to start moving things back into their proper places, need to catch up on laundry and dishes (outside in the rain - oh, joy) finish up the kitchen painting so we can prep the floor so we can install cabinets so we can...................my life is never boring. Hopefully he'll be up for a hike next week. First major snowfall of the season next week in the mountains so we could have a marvelous time exploring!

Last night's dinner was so yummy. I sliced an onion and pepper into the crockpot, put cubed pork on top and poured salsa over it. OH, YUM!! Even my picky husband devoured it. I cannot wait to get my kitchen back!

Just about to head out the door for an RPR. First one in a very long time and plan on staying out in this drizzle for two to three hours. I want the dogs to be good and tired and hungry when we come back. That, and a hot shower and glass of wine for me sounds really good!
    I got a lot further today than I thought I would so it looks like I might get out and about for a really long high country hike tomorrow. I am going to be so happy when I get back that it will drive my husband crazy!

DH is down another pound and now officially weighs the lowest he's been since 1974.

Such a fantastic RPR this afternoon! Spent a couple of hours scrambling down into a ravine and back out again, heading over the ridge in the drizzle and watching the fog roll in over the hills. Pretty cool when you are totally surrounded by fog except for the hill you are standing on. Oh, how I missed this!

Not even going to think about the next round of painting at all tomorrow!

NorCalGirlDiver is offline Senior Member
    Wow honeybuns! I just read through a few pages of your journal and I felt such inspiration - you are so full of life and energy. In the beginning pages you were telling my story! I am trying not to feel discouraged that the weight is not falling off as it is for so many but I am going with the "slow and steady wins the race." I know it is coming off as I am almost ready to drop a pants size finally! I am a 5'9" woman and it takes about 20 pounds for me to change pants sizes - at least at this weight. I feel like I am changing all over but it isn't showing in my clothing sizes yet! Sometimes it is discouraging. My husband is not eating this way except at dinner when I am cooking however he is liking the changes in me. It is still not enough to convince him.

18 pounds in 4 months is incredible progress. You are doing amazing!

Page 15 of 100 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast