Page 14 of 100 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 14

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wahoo! Back into uncharted territory. Lowest point on the scale this morning since starting this lifestyle change. YES!!

Of course, it doesn't help when hubby gloats that with all his clothes on, including shoes, and change in his pockets that he is closing in on me. I liked it better many years ago when we were 70 pounds apart in weight than the 20 we are now. i am not complainig, though, because it has been so much easier making these changes with him being a willing part of it.

Heading out for a four day camping trip with flank steak, pot roast, pork stew, meatloaf........I refuse to eat crap just because we are camping!

Back from camping where the food was totally awesome as were the adventures. Dogs and I managed to get RPR's in on both the beach and the forested hill. A tired dog is a happy dog and they didn't mind crashing for the rest of the day. A couple things of note from this weekend. I had corn for the first time since I started this WOE. Shortly after my sinuses slammed shut. We repeated the same meal without corn the next day and no problem whatever. SO.......corn is now officially off my eating list. The great news is that the State Park Ranger that I went hiking with has been doing tons of research on primal/paleo on her own and has been working it into her lifestyle! Now, if only her carbaholic husband will adapt to it as easily as my carbaholic husband did....
    Drywall is done, priming and painting start tomorrow. OMG!! I might have an actual kitchen soon!

I just read this entire thread from start to finish and I would like to apologize to anyone else brave enough to do so. I had no idea that I talked about soups and stews so much!!!!!!! I had also forgotten that the issue with corn first came to my attention back in August.

Maybe rereading your own thread isn't such a good idea.

Random thought - bloating

I have realized that the reason I never knew if I was bloated or not is that I am bloated ALL the time and do not know what non-bloated on a regular basis feels like. Once in a very great while I won't be bloated and it just seems so strange. My mission is to figure out what has me so bloated all of the time. Cutting out grains hasn't helped it. Guess I'll try less coffee before I try no dairy. Something I have every day must be the culprit.

Up and down the ladder over and over today priming the new sheetrock. Got my stretching exercise trying to do it from the floor. Heavy lifting? That would be moving the cast iron sink back out of the kitchen so I don't get paint on it. My lifestyle IS primal fitness. My buddy was right, I think.

Oh, how I long for the day when I don't have all of the painting yet to do.

Hitting the farm stand in the morning for some seriously needed produce!

Up the ladder, down the ladder, up the ladder, down the ladder all stinkin' day long. Except for when I was squatting down to get more paint. Just try and tell me life isn't exercise. Got a lot of primer on the walls today and, with the doors and windows open, there are lots of tiny bugs on my walls. Every time I painted over one I would catch myself muttering "Neverbugs. Tiny ones". Guess it is time to watch Hook again.

I know I am not drinking enough water or eating enough food. I give up on trying to think of this as a way to trim down. I will just celebrate the fact that I am eating healthier and have more energy. Never made it to the farm stand.

Can anybody provide me with some much needed words of encouragement right now?

STILL going up and down and up and down.......the ladder, that is.

I got organic heavy whipping cream for only ten cents more than non-organic today. There really is a difference between organic and non-organic! Much smoother and creamier.

I tried collard greens today, and i think that they will not be making a return appearance. Flavor was great but just way chewier than we like. No worries. Mustard, swiss chard and chinese cabbage are all favorites.
    I have been playing around with my plain yogurt. Raspberry jam and cocoa powder is yummy!

The last two days I have made a point of drinking plenty of water and this morning the scale shows the lowest weight yet. Whoda thunk it that water would make that much of a difference? It makes sense, though, considering how much water your body is made up of. I do like my water better mixed with lime juice and served in a wine glass. Whatever it takes.

Just call me spoilygirl!

New low on the scale this morning! I'm afraid to jinx it by saying the numbers out loud.

All this painting has seriously cut into my exploration and exercise. The dogs are bored, my muscle tone is changing, but this project will never be done if I don't get my portion of it done and out of the way. There isn't a single clean dish, pot, pan or utensil to be had so today I get to devote to handwashing everything outside in the rain. The second coat of paint i put on the skylights yesterday still shows flaws so I get to add a third coat today.

I find myself exploring sewing and crocheting websites a lot lately. I think i am trying to feel what it was like when I had time to work on a project.

My friend the ranger told me yesterday that she really likes the paleo/primal way of eating and intends to stick with it. YAY!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Way to go on the new low! Sounds like all that painting IS exercise. I say eat when you're hungry and drink when you're thirsty. Sounds like it's working for you!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Slowly but surely. I am the tortoise, DH is the hare.

With clothes and shoes on he weighed in at 211. Four months ago, it was 236. Not too shabby for a 65 year old stubborn male. Fortunately he does not rub it in that I go up and down while he goes down, down, down. Whatever. I am just glad that seeing positive results has caused him to be more careful in his choices.
    I know that once I get back into a normal routine of getting out exploring every other day that I will experience more positive changes. Right now I need to stay on task with painting as I am the one holding up getting the furniture back in the living room, getting lights back on the ceiling and actually having a kitchen. Hubby is in need of a shoulder replacement so I'm doing the painting. Besides that, I am so much better at it than he is.

I just realized that I need to come up with dinner. SO not ready to think about it.

Page 14 of 100 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast