Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 13

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Ottercat! This has been in the works for four years and FINALLY it will be behind us soon!

So far today the dog has pointed to my daypack, the jacket I wear hiking, the collars, the leashes.......I'm thinking those are BIG FAT HINTS!! Okay, I'll get up early tomorrow and go for an RPR. Question is, will I actually want to come back?!

Random thought-belly fat.
    Belly fat just disappeared when I dropped the grains. I have been pretty good through this remodel but this past week have had more bread products than I have in a while. It didn't take long for the belly fat to come back even though the scale says the same.

Drywall guy is almost done so soon I will be painting, the kitchen will go back together and I will get my routine back. Fortunately for me I love being outside in the winter. My motto?

The cooler, the colder, the wetter, the better! Just try keeping me inside.

RPR!!!! Happy dogs, happy me! I kept it short as we are not in the same physical condition we had been in but we ate blackberries, heard something big crashing through the woods, went "offroad" following a game trail. Dogs are satisfied, for now. I keep finding leaves, needles and twigs in various items of my undergarments. Guess I had a LOT of fun!

It has finally started raining again, temps are cooler and it is supposed to get breezy. Not only is that my favorite weather to hike in, it also means more soups and stews!! Drywall will be finished this week so we are sneaking in a camping trip before the cabinets go back in. I am taking my crockpot this time so I can have a yummy meal. Hey, I have taken the dehydrator with me before and dried apples (mainly because they were going to spoil before we got back).

Heavy cream is fantastically wonderful! Love it in my morning coffee, love it over frozen blueberries!

Twinwolf is offline Senior Member
    Sounds awesome! Have fun!
    "If a man has common sense, he has all the sense there is."

My Journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30234.html

Starting weight prePB - 258 lbs on 5/6/11

244.2 lbs on 6/3/11 (28 days in!)

240 lbs on 7/1/11 (59 days in!)

234.2 on 7/15/11 (73 days in!)

228.2 on 8/12/11 (101 days in!)

224 on 8/28/11 (117 days in!)

220.6 on 9/14/11 (134 days in!)

Goal weight PB - 205 lbs

Thanks! We had a great time on the next RPR which was a much longer one yesterday. All in all I think we ended up going about four road miles. I say road miles because we leave the road A LOT!! Yesterday was windy and wet and was worth it for my mental well being. How cool when the fog started rolling in.

I had a hard time passing up the $3 bargain boxes at the farm stand today. Without any semblance of a kitchen I knew that even though the spirit was willing, my follow through wouldn't be happening. Just wait until I am back in business, though.

I found coconut milk without additives other than some water today. The local natural foods store also has coconut flour, unsweetened coconut flakes and coconut meal. I cannot wait to start developing Primal recipes that become family favorites.

Big news!! On his own, hubby has ditched the potato chips that he was eating every day!!

Today's heavy lifting was brought to you by the upcoming heating season. I got a moderate amount of split firewood relocated to its winter home. Went and got a ton of pellets today, loaded 50 40#bags into my vehicle and trailer, got them home and unloaded them, one bag at a time, into where they are going to be living. It was really not hard at all. I think I have earned an afternoon nap.

The weather is spectacularly fall right now. Very crisp in the AM, warm right now and will head to crisp again tonight. I love this time of year!

Random thoughts-happiness

In reading other peoples journals I get the feeling, however unfounded, that not enough credit is given to happiness on the success of this lifestyle. Doing what makes you happy puts a positive spin on everything. I could eat this way but if I wasn't happy I would spend more time dwelling on the negative rather than celebrating my successes! Feel free to chime in if you feel differently.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    ITA The effect of this lifestyle on my emotional health has been almost as amazing as the physical. Most of the time, I feel powerful, beautiful and in control of my life which for me equals happiness.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Isn't it great to have positive self esteem?

Today is a playday for me. Drywall gets sanded and textured today. If I stay here and watch it happen I'll get grumpier and grumpier. If I come back to it already done then it isn't as bad. Going to town (50 miles) to explore and visit a cousin. Today's heavy lifting will be swinging a 60 pound six year old. Does that come under play as well?

I was on Allrecipes.com yesterday and discovered that you can search by ingredients. Want this, don't want that. How cool! I discovered any number of recipes that fit this WOE, including a pumpkin soup with bacon. I want my kitchen back!

Big bonuses eating like this........hubby is more open to trying new foods than he has ever been in the 37 years I have known him. He voluntarily gave up things that were a staple for him, doesn't insist on dessert every night, is eating fresh fruit with coconut creamer and has tons of energy.

Had mustard greens for the first time yesterday. Sauteed them with bacon and they were delicious. Next I'll try collard greens. It is so nice getting out of the food ruts I have been in!

Weight is back down to pre-binge levels. Lesson learned.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Weight is back down to pre-binge levels. Lesson learned.
    I hear you on that. I went on a two week bender and am now finally two weeks later back down where I was. I totally screwed my plans to be 75 lbs down by my Primal'versary on Saturday. GRRR.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yup, but at least we are back down again!

60 pound boy in one arm, 22 pound girl in the other. Heavy lifting was met today.

Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast