Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 12

Twinwolf is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    How's your renovation going? BTW I went hiking yesterday. Inspired by all the hiking you post about. Went to Ricketts Glen State Park in Benton Pennsylvania. It has like 20-25 waterfalls that range from 6 feet up to 94 feet. It's pretty neat because they haven't butchered it and put up all sorts of "safety" guards and such. You can literally walk into the waterfalls and get in the water if you want. Had a great time. Thanks for writing about it as much as you do. My wife and I are looking to do more hiking this year. I would like to start traveling to different states to camp and hike. There is something so primal about being out in the woods, don't you think?

Hope you had a great Labor Day!

Matt
    "If a man has common sense, he has all the sense there is."

My Journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30234.html

Starting weight prePB - 258 lbs on 5/6/11

244.2 lbs on 6/3/11 (28 days in!)

240 lbs on 7/1/11 (59 days in!)

234.2 on 7/15/11 (73 days in!)

228.2 on 8/12/11 (101 days in!)

224 on 8/28/11 (117 days in!)

220.6 on 9/14/11 (134 days in!)

Goal weight PB - 205 lbs

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Random thought-exercise.

Exercise is what you make it. For example, stand on tiptoe and see which muscle groups are used. Washing dishes? Tiptoe up, slowly down. Sitting at the computer? Tighten one butt cheek, then the other. Know how great your butt will look if you do this every time you surf the web? These are just some easy examples.

I spent a good part of the day crawling under the house in the crawl space (so that is how it got its name!) pulling the last of the wires for the new outlets and switch boxes we have added to the kitchen. Crawling was bad enough but having to limbo under the heat ducts and the gas lines made it even more challenging. Instead of thinking of it as a drudge job I just thought of it as working new muscle groups and it wasn't half bad. LOVED my shower!!

My sister is doing Weight Watchers and I was having a conversation with her about how I am eating. It was difficult to hear her say things like "you have to eat grains for the health of your kidneys". HUH? Where did she hear that? I did convince her to eat protein for breakfast and pay attention to how she felt the rest of the day. She called back later and said she didn't even think about nibbling on anything during the day as she just wasn't hungry. This was big for her as she is convinced she has food addictions, both sugars and overindulging. I told her that I don't think she has an addiction but that she isn't eating what her body needs to function properly. Slow and steady. I'll get her to PB yet.
    Last edited by honeybuns; 07-30-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Twinwolf!! I was just wondering about your hiking adventure and how it went. Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Being in the woods is SO primal. I especially love getting off the beaten path and walking along fallen logs, exploring where other people wouldn't go......so far i have seen three black bears in my wanderings. Pretty cool!

So, did you get pictures??

Twinwolf is offline Senior Member
    A couple, haven't uploaded them yet. Maybe tomorrow..
    "If a man has common sense, he has all the sense there is."

My Journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30234.html

Starting weight prePB - 258 lbs on 5/6/11

244.2 lbs on 6/3/11 (28 days in!)

240 lbs on 7/1/11 (59 days in!)

234.2 on 7/15/11 (73 days in!)

228.2 on 8/12/11 (101 days in!)

224 on 8/28/11 (117 days in!)

220.6 on 9/14/11 (134 days in!)

Goal weight PB - 205 lbs

OMG!! My mother bought Primal Blueprint!! Now, if she would only read it. She did loan it to my sister, however.

I'm thinking that heavy cream and I are not going to be best friends. I had it with blueberries yesterday and got a real churny stomach. I had it in my coffee this morning and got the churny stomach and the runs. I'll try one more time on my berries today and then I am giving up. Half and half and I do just fine.

Don't know what was up with the heavy cream a couple of days ago. I am doing fine with it now!

DH and I just got back from a leisurely drive on a rural highway along the ocean. A getaway-don't-think-about-the-kitchen day was sorely needed for sure. It was a big mistake to pick up a bag of almond M&M's (hubby's idea). We indulged and both had queasy stomachs partway through the drive. Gone are the days when he could down a bag of those by himself and go back for more!

I kept hitching up my pants so when we got home I stepped on the dreaded scale and it was down two more pounds. DH got on the scale and he is down four more pounds.
    184.8 for me. I haven't seen that weight since April 2009 thanks to hormonal stuff
    212.6 WITH CLOTHES ON for DH. I think he weighed that when we got married thirty four years ago!! I know he hasn't weighed that since.

The up sides to this? Mr. Picky is much more likely to try new things now. Hugs are much more satisfying when both of you aren't reaching around bellies!

I keep forgetting that I am on a medicine with some pretty serious side effects. Honestly, this time around has been a breeze compared to last time. Now when i have a hint of a side effect it doesn't register with me that that is what it is. I keep thinking it is something else going on.

Right now I am procrastinating on insulating the skylights. This job will take less than half an hour from start to finish. Sometimes, for me, starting is the hard part!

Once this kitchen remodel is done and my house is put back together I am going to really explore new meal ideas. Soup/stew season is just around the corner, I would love to experiment with caseroles that don't use potatoes or pasta. Cauliflower mash is out, darn it!

Off to a wedding tomorrow. Big high protein breakfast to keep the hunger away and make wise choices at the reception.

Oh, my sister. Sometimes I just shake my head. She has read the forward and Conventional Wisdom of Primal Blueprint and was giving me all sorts of reasons why it won't work. READ THE BOOK FIRST!!! Something tells me she won't even try it. Drat. She has struggled with her weight and gone up and down and back up for years. I was just trying to be helpful. Oh, well. It works for me and mine and that is all that matters.

This darn remodel. I know that the end result will be worth it but I haven't gotten up into the hills in about three weeks. Eating has been primal for the most part but I know I am not eating enough protein. My refrigerator is in the living room, the stove and micro are in the bonus room, dishes are being done outside in the dog bath, sort of.

Oh, I cannot wait to do an actual grocery shopping trip.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Oooh, how exciting to have a renovated kitchen! that and not having to do the dishes in the dog bath, lol!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast