Page 11 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 11

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a nice hike! And no soreness today? Yay for primal living!
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    When I get a chance I'll see if I can't post a picture of me sitting on the summit of a 6200' mountain.

Random thoughts on food-

I haven't been posting much about my food choices lately because I feel like I am in a rut. Same old stuff over and over. Fortunately we are heading into fall/winter and I can do more soups and stews. DH is a soup/stew guy rather than a meat and potatoes guy, thank goodness. There is no way I'll be able to talk him out of having rolls with it, though. His choice.

Things DH has learned. Toast is boring. Steel cut oats is boring. Eating any bread product for breakfast guarantees the munchies. Keeping the wife happy is a very good thing.

I moved some stuff from the house freezer to the big freezer yesterday and discovered a sirloin tip roast, 2 chuck roasts, 4 flank steak and a rump roast. Why am I not using these?? Because I couldn't see them! Time to invest in some freezer baskets.

Random thoughts - sleep

Sleep. On Robb Wolf's guest post he said that if you are not getting a good night's sleep, forget about losing weight. If it happens, you are lucky (or something like that.)
    I have been sleeping very poorly for a while. I think I just figured out why. For most of my life I have been an early riser. Up between 4:30n and 5am, in bed asleep by 8:30. Now, this has not been a conscious decision on my part but more that my body just shuts down at 8:30. The last several months I have been staying up late watching movies with DH. Since I started doing that I have a horrible time getting a good night's sleep. These movies don't mean anything to me and I don't watch television so it is not going to bother me one little bit to stop doing it. I've only done it to keep hubby company.

It is time to follow my body's natural rhythm and go back to an 8:30pm bedtime. The goal is a good nights sleep, weight loss will be a bonus.

Yesterday was spent laying flat on my back under the laundry room fastening hardware cloth over the insulation I had spent the previous two days putting up. That is THREE, count 'em, THREE whole days under there and there is not a whole lot of clearance. My arms and shoulders were so sore this morning that DH and I decided that today was a great "do nothing" day. We did NOTHING!! Felt great but it is back to tearing out sheetrock tomorrow and getting ready for the drywall guy to look at our currently nonexistent kitchen.

It has been a challenge not to go crazy. I am washing dishes in a tub outside as I have no sink (never did get the clean dishes out of the dishwasher before we moved it out), the stove is in the dining room, the kitchen cabinets are in the living room.........thank goodness I still have a toilet! The fridge is currently still operational but it is bare, bare, bare.

The good news is that DH weighs 215 with clothes on. He started at 236. Yay!

Twinwolf is offline Senior Member
    That is needed somedays. A day of nothing. Gotta recharge from time to time. Don't envy your having to crawl into the confined space to work under the floor. Hope all is back to normal for you soon!
    "If a man has common sense, he has all the sense there is."

My Journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30234.html

Starting weight prePB - 258 lbs on 5/6/11

244.2 lbs on 6/3/11 (28 days in!)

240 lbs on 7/1/11 (59 days in!)

234.2 on 7/15/11 (73 days in!)

228.2 on 8/12/11 (101 days in!)

224 on 8/28/11 (117 days in!)

220.6 on 9/14/11 (134 days in!)

Goal weight PB - 205 lbs

Thanks, Twinwolf! I hope to live in a home one of these days instead of a constant work zone. I had a silent meltdown when I realized the other day that every single room in my house is at a halfway done stage.

I have not been out on an RPR in a week and we were going every other day. Darn kitchen remodel! I think we'll sneak up into the hills today while the drywall guy is here. I need the mental restoration.

Tomorrow I am raiding the butcher shop and the produce stand. The fridge is bare and, while primal, the meals have not been balanced or creative. It is way too soon in the game to get burned out on cooking/creating. Hopefully it is just the lack of any kind of kitchen that is making me feel this way.

Good news is that the scale is starting to inch downwards. Gotta find my measuring tape!

I should have known better.

I should have known better than to open that last remaining package of cookies thinking we could have just one or two before dinner. With what this remodel has been putting us through, one or two turned into the whole darn package, and it was one of the BIG packages! I weighed early this morning, nothing had changed. Weighed mid-morning, up two pounds. I'm not naive enough to believe that eating that many cookies won't have consequences.

Felt like crap the day after my sugar binge. I thought it was all because of that but found out I had a raging UTI as well. Thank goodness the doctor's office got me in to see a nurse when I popped in from the grocery store!

DH is still adhering to the CW way of thinking that eating eggs will raise his cholesterol to dangerous levels. Doesn't he realize that meat has cholesterol and he never, ever stopped eating that? I am going to print out Griff's cholesterol primer for him to take to his cardiologist. This is not a fight I want to have, nor do I wish to go back to the old way of eating or cook separate meals!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I'm starting this journal to keep myself from getting discouraged that slow and steady wins the race when I wish I had WOW results! I would much rather have a sustainable lifestyle ith steady progress than an unsustainable one with quick results.
    I must remember this when I get discouraged, which I am right now. Some of it may be general doldrums from being in the midst of a major remodel that we are doing ourselves, some of it may be side effects from the meds, a lot of it is still grabbing rolls of fat. Granted, they aren't like they were but they need to be gone. It doesn't help that DH is losing pounds while I am losing ounces.

Heading into fall/winter my dinner choices will be much easier. Soups, stews, comfort foods. Yesterday I put a rump roast in the crockpot with carrots, onions and mushrooms. So tender and lots of meat for future soups. I even think I'll take the crockpot camping next time.

Random thought- friendship
    To have a friend you must be a friend. Okay, so if i am a friend to others, why aren't they a friend to me? I always seem to end up with users. I just want someone that I know will say "how ya doin'?" "haven't heard from you in a while and I'm checking up" Is that too much to ask??

Page 11 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast