Thread: Coconut flour page

Coconut flour

Shop Now
    Anyone knwo a great place online to order this? I can only find shredded coconut in stores are my area and really wanna try this stuff! =)

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Tropical Traditions Coconut Flour -- currently 33% off, and a chance for free shipping too (check out the coupon code on the right side of the page)

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I buy the Bob's Red Mill stuff at the organic grocery store and find it's good, and I know you can order their products online. I would assume that the Tropical Traditions is worth ordering too considering their reputation. I've never ordered from them personally because I have so many options for shopping locally, but people say their stuff is good.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texasblackrose View Post
    Anyone knwo a great place online to order this? I can only find shredded coconut in stores are my area and really wanna try this stuff! =)
    If you've some ambition to save some cash, you can MAKE your own with nothing more than an oven/dehydrator and a blender. I buy it shredded, take it home, spread it on a flat tray, and throw it in the oven under low heat (>175 degrees). You don't want to toast it, just dry it... then I load about 1 cup of dried shredded coconut into my blender at a time and run it until it becomes flour-like, usually under 5 minutes. Saves time on my end because I don;t have to track down a store locally with the flour in stock....
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member
    Netrition.com is awesome for ordering any food items ... $4.95 flat rate shipping no matter how much you order. They carry a number of different brands of coconut flour.

Amazon.com has great prices on specialty foods, too, though I'm not sure if I've looked for coconut flour there -- they seem to have everything I've ever searched for, though!

JVib is offline Senior Member
    Amazon.com is where I get a lot of my stuff. I order a 2 pack of 54 oz coconut oil from them when ever I run out. I just looked up coconut flour ~ Bob's Red Mill brand - 4 16 oz packages for $24.88
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard