Thread: Came across this video today page

mrlisk is offline Junior Member

Wink Came across this video today

Primal Fuel
    Hey all - long time lurker (i thought i had signed up a while ago!)

Thought this was amusing. What's everyone's thoughts on this? I wasn't sure I could make it through the entire 4 minutes with the amount of "interesting facts" this guy was spewing...

Belly Fat Mistake: Why Low Carb and Paleo Make You Fatter
    YouTube - ‪Belly Fat Mistake: Why Low Carb and Paleo Make You Fatter‬‏

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    "Paleo is the same as Atkins."

Atkins and Low Carb diets are low carb by design. Paleo/Primal is low carb by coincidence. Paleo/Primal is about eating real food and therefore much more nutritious than diets focusing on being low carb. You can eat potatoes and white rice and do just fine if your metabolism is undamaged and you are relatively active.

"Eating low carb makes your sugar cravings worse."

Probably in most people, yes. But he assumes that no one has any discipline and that everyone will fail horribly.

"Atkins isn't the answer. Low carb isn't the answer, and neither is Paleo."

Right. Right. Ohhh swing and a miss.

"Your brain needs a certain amount of glucose to function every day."

It can get glucose from protein through gluconeogenesis. It can also function just fine on ketones for quite a while.

"If your brain doesn't get the glucose it needs, it commands you to eat French fries..."

Again, he assumes that his clients have no willpower. There is an adjustment period before those cravings diminish significantly.

I don't think there's any problem with his "moderate carb" message. Otherwise, he's just another dietitian overreacting to the difficulty a lot of people initially have when adopting paleo/primal, and hasn't done his research.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

mrlisk is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    "Your brain needs a certain amount of glucose to function every day."

It can get glucose from protein through gluconeogenesis. It can also function just fine on ketones for quite a while.
    Seriously! I was wondering if the guy had never read up on anything related to the human metabolism or even crack the page of any of the books associated with the diets he's saying "fail".

I'm bummed he turned off the ratings for his videos.

ChaserBD04 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, WTF is this guy?! First off he looks like a creeper car salesman and I actually find him fairly derogatory. "You're not going to be a good role model for your kids. You're cravings will get more out of control. You are going to FAIL at life." (Okay, he said fail at losing belly fat but that's not what I heard.) Secondly, if I'm out at dinner and get overwhelmed with a sugar craving, maybe I will just eat some FRUIT?! Third, I am pretty sure my "belly fat" looked about a hundred percent better two whole months after going even 70/30 primal and my boot cut jeans (I wanted to slap him for saying skinny jeans so many times) looked great too.

I think Grumpy Caveman really hits it on the head when he says paleo/primal are low carb by coincidence. Primal is about eating whole, good, unprocessed foods and a big part of it is eating great fruits too. Obviously I think we can all agree that limiting fruit to an extent is important during fat/weight loss phases, but in a maintenance phase, it's pretty hard to eat too many good fruits and veggies.

I'd be interested in seeing his 17 secret hidden carb foods to avoid but I just can't bring myself to click on his link and have to possibly listen to him say belly fat or skinny jeans one more time.
    ~All luck is earned in the end.~

Leanne is offline Senior Member
    Who is this guy and where is his list of credentials and sources for the "information" that he is spewing? "In this video I am going to tell you the new solution and new science of losing belly fat"??? He says nothing about science.

And as a side note, his website is the skinnyjeansolution.com "I can't wait for the skinny jean style to pass, even seriously skinny girls do not look attractive in skinny jeans. And why they hell are guys wearing skinny jeans?? Ick.
    The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. - Thomas Edison

Vancouver Island Primal and Paleo Living <<< join our Facebook Group

MetalMayhem is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    "I can't wait for the skinny jean style to pass, even seriously skinny girls do not look attractive in skinny jeans.
    wrong

DubleYoo is offline Senior Member
    If a video needs to have ratings and comments disabled, you know something's up.

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    What a douche bag...

Ebbe is offline Junior Member
    He is so creepy. LOL.

Lukys is offline Member
    Comments and ratings disabled is the sign of a video so bad that the creator knows he is going to get destroyed if he allowed criticism.
    It's the same tactic as Youtube creationists.