Page 1 of 156 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal ~ hannahc ~ page

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal ~ hannahc ~

Okay so I've been here for more than 6 months now, and have never started a journal of my own. I don't really like posting a ton of primal stuff on Facebook though, so I never really have a place to talk about things that seem so normal to me now (like how much I despise CAFO meats and practices, how excited I am to find good food at reasonable prices, etc.).

That, and I need somewhere to record my eating and working out in a place that I can easily look back on. I've been getting back into the swing of things at the gym in the past two weeks, and eating less (I'm only 5'2", I don't need to eat as much as my taller, bigger husband...), and am hoping not to gain any more weight this holiday season. So here's to accountability and having a place to talk about Primal everything!!!

Today is a 24 hour fast, I ate quite a bit over the last 4 days as my in-laws were here visiting. I had bread in the house for them, and they also bought all kinds of crackers/cookies/cereal/hummus/cheese/and SODA like you wouldn't believe. I also made cookies and brownies for a reception on Friday, and finally caved and ate a couple of each on Sunday morning with breakfast...other than that it's been a completely grain free weekend even with all that crap in my house. I made primal dinners and just included bread on the side: turkey soup (yum), shepherd's pie with mashed cauliflower on top (double yum), steak fondue with salad (YUM YUM!!!) (although we had to use peanut oil for that, I can't afford to use a large quantity of anything else with a high smoke point)...lots of good things that everyone really enjoyed I also had more sugar than usual though, with an apple crisp on Saturday (not terrible with the apples and lots of butter, but it had 1/2 cup of brown sugar and rolled oats on top), and Graeter's ice cream. Then the aforementioned cookies and brownies Sunday morning.

So today is a reset day, I'll eat leftovers for dinner when I get home, either meatballs with marinara or turkey soup.

Before I get home I'll be working out, 30-40 minutes of running on the treadmill with sprint intervals every couple of minutes. Then pilates when I get home I think with good ol' Denise Austen My stomach was screaming the next day after I did pilates last week!

And finally some cleaning up (fam is leaving today), and knitting. Just started a baby blanket for my 1 year old niece, and I'd like to attempt to have it done before Christmas (might not happen...). Yay for getting back to normal though

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

maba is offline Senior Member

Yay! I'm so glad you started your journal. I understand your dilemma of not being able to discuss much of facebook. Which is why I started a separate account for the my Primal friends but then I hardly log on to that account. Since Ispend a lot of time on MDA, I figured my journal would be a good place to record my thoughts, rants, foods and exercises. The steak fondue sounds delicious - I suppose the fondue was made with cheese? Duh, what a stupid question, like it cd have been made w/ chocolate! Or maybe not, aren't we primals known for weird food combos?

Good luck with the knitting. Same time last year, I was crocheting frantically and I had completed quite a few hand-made gifts, not this year though

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Excellent - I'm glad I didn't miss out on seeing your journal (as you've been here longer than me!).

I do like the idea of a reset day...

Oh the fondue was peanut oil, since it was a meat fondue. You can only do cheese/chocolate for things that don't have to cook, like bread/veggies/fruits/marshmallows...but the steak fondue is a Christmas tradition in the hubby's family so we did it on our faux-Christmas day I even got to use my grass fed sirloin tip roast from my half-cow! It was good. You heat the oil up on the stove until it's almost ready to smoke, then put it over a sterno burner or whatever your fondue pot uses, and cook cubes of meat directly in the oil.

Oh and all four of them LOVED their scarves (and one hat!), it was really nice! Now I'm moving on to things for my family, since they don't have to be done until real Christmas.

We've talked to my in-laws before about us not eating grains, so while I had bread around at every meal they didn't bug me about not eating it. They enjoyed all of the made from scratch things that I made (butter, sandwich bread, dinners, etc), and I always ate with them so they didn't seem to care much that I wasn't snacking or eating sandwiches. Thank goodness because I didn't feel like going into the whole schpiel with them since they definitely are not changing anything right now Oh well, maybe hubby's improved blood pressure will plant a seed for them.

You are what you eat,

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

YAY!

Work out today was good! 50 minutes of walking/jogging/sprinting, 15 minutes of yoga/stretching.

I IF'ed for nearly 24 hours, ate dinner at 8:30pm. I had 4 sausage/beef meatballs with homemade marinara sauce, 15 mixed nuts in the shell, a tablespoon of almond butter and half of a big apple, and about .5 oz of monterey jack cheese. Yum! 22 carbs total.

Oh and I got a gift card to Target for Christmas (for early Christmas anyway) to get the weights I need! So we went tonight and I got 3 pound hand weights for my 30 Day Shred DVD and a 10 pound kettlebell for other at home exercises! I'm pretty excited about the kettlebell, it's cool

You are what you eat,

Okay today I am absolutely doing pilates. It's the best thing I've ever done for my abs and thighs, and booty now that I think of it, so I have to reincorporate it into my weeks at least twice I think. I feel bad taking over the tv when hubby is home though, plus I'm totally ignoring him when I'm doing pilates for like 50 minutes. But, he's out of school now (and has to find a job soon!), so that means he'll be home all evening usually. Which then means that I just need to do it. He's fine, he doesn't really care, but I just feel bad because we don't really see eachother all that much (well, not while he's in school anyway).

Aaanyway, pilates tonight.

No b-fast

Lunch is TBA, I brought turkey soup (homemade of course) and an extra 4oz. hamburger patty with pepperjack cheese from dinner on Sunday. I might go out to eat with a friend that owes me lunch though, and either have an awesome ceasar salad or a steak

Dinner...depending on how big lunch is I may not eat a full dinner. But leftovers are on the menu if I do eat.

You are what you eat,

Okay I did my pilates, yay!, and ate my turkey soup and hamburger patty for lunch at 10:30am (okay, so kinda brunch). Then I didn't eat dinner until about 7pm, and had 4 meatballs with a bit of marinara, then half an apple with 2 tablespoons almond butter, in-shell nuts, half a cup of frozen berries, oh and almost 1 oz of aged gouda. I didn't think I'd need that much food, but I was just still hungry! Total carbs today were 41.

Tomorrow I'm going to lunch with my friend, but Pappadeaux is actually a pretty good choice so I'm not worried about it They make almost everything in house, use fresh ingredients, make all of their dressings, and cook everything in either olive oil or butter. Don't know what I'll get yet, either a chicken ceaser salad or a steak I think.

Then lifting heavy things after work with my friend who's working on becoming a personal trainer, she's going to practice doing a fitness assessment on me I think I'm pretty fit, so I hope I'm not dissappointed!

You are what you eat,

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Good job today

I vote steak.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Steak!

Page 1 of 156 1231151101 ... LastLast