Thread: Vodka Mixer page

MMMM FAT is offline Senior Member

Vodka Mixer

Since primal I have given up all gluten drinks. Vodka is gluten free but alot of the mixers end up being loaded with carbs and sugar.

I found a great mixer tonight. Sweet Leaf Unsweet Tea, black tea with touch of lemon and lime....delicious. 0 calories. Ingredients filtered water, organic black tea, natural citrus flavor, and citric acid

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Sounds good.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

GreenLightJerky is offline Senior Member
    1 high ball glass
    2 slices cucumber
    mash them up with a spoon a bit
    add 2-4oz vodka
    add ice
    fill remainder of glass with seltzer water
    amazing drink.
    you can also replace vodka with tequila for what I call the 'quila cooler'
    My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
    www.greenlightjerky.com

incognito is offline Junior Member
    I like it with ice cold water and a wedge of lime.

Hammermill is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMMM FAT View Post
    Since primal I have given up all gluten drinks. Vodka is gluten free but alot of the mixers end up being loaded with carbs and sugar.

I found a great mixer tonight. Sweet Leaf Unsweet Tea, black tea with touch of lemon and lime....delicious. 0 calories. Ingredients filtered water, organic black tea, natural citrus flavor, and citric acid
    Goose on the rocks with a twist o'lime always worked for me. Will have to give your mixer a try to just to "mix" it up.
    Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
    -Paul the Apostle, 1 Cor 6:19-20

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I like mine with ice-cold club soda and about half a lemon (or lime) cut into wedges, squeezed, and then dropped into it. Adding the fresh lemon wedges gives it a different flavour than just squeezing the juice into it.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

dwkdnvr is offline Member
    Something I've discovered recently is kombucha + club soda. I find kombucha a bit strong by itself, but cutting with club soda at 2-3:1 works really well. Turns out that adding a bit of vodka also works well. Not a complete replacement for a good G&T (particularly with Fever Tree tonic.....I really miss that), but very satisfying nonetheless.
    My favorite kombucha for this so far is the Aloe flavor from High Country - they're a Colorado outfit so I don't know how widely they're distributed.

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMMM FAT View Post

That's clever; like Paleo Long Island Tea.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammermill View Post
    Goose on the rocks with a twist o'lime always worked for me. Will have to give your mixer a try to just to "mix" it up.
    Stoly on the rocks with a twist of lemon is my tipple.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    cucumber cooler is a great idea - gonna try it.