Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Expedition Impossible page 7

Yaish is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    US TV isnt' downloadable in NZ. Turns out that there are actually restrictions, such as "this is not available in your country." Annoying, I know!
    Try a proxy server, it might let you bypass those sorts of restrictions - maybe.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Hey! So I was home sick last week and Netflix was down so I decided it was a good time to catch all of the show at once on Hulu (Its on hulu plus only now but I signed up for a month free trial just to watch it. And also third season of Parks and Rec.) It was pretty intense to watch all 10 episodes at once, but I wish I could have watched it real-time so I could talk about it with people as it went on.

Anyway, I just wanted to voice my thoughts to somebody, and theres a good fanbase here Of course I was rooting for the Gypsies all the way through, but I have to agree that I was really moved by the positive attitude and good sportsmanship that most of the teams brought to the game. Moments like when the Firemen waited on the mountain with the Cali Girls so they wouldnt have to truck down the mountain alone and how enthusiastically the Football players raved about No Limits and how they were a real example of athletes really touched me.

And No Limits, I mean wow....wow....wow. I think the most amazing thing of the ENTIRE show was when Erik and Jeff jumped off the waterfall together. My heart was in my throat. I mean, you could hear the fear in Erik's voice as he is scrabbling to stay on the rock and realizes he has to stand up on this slanted, slippery rock and leap off into space, and he and Jeff both have to trust that they will jump off at the same time and....oh my god, my heart was absolutely pounding to watch it and it is again just thinking about it. And it literally BLOWS MY MIND that Ian pushed through the pain so hard and for so long. I totally thought they were going to bow out. Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

And yeah, it seems a lot of people here weren't fond of Fab 3, and I agree that I disliked their attitude most of the time. BUT, here's the thing: I live in San Francisco, and I have a lot of friends that are heavily involved with gay rights issues, and so I was pleased that they and their stories got mainstream America air-time. These weren't gay people being gay (which is what little we see of them in mainstream media these days) these were gay people being PEOPLE, talking about what family meant to them (one of them said in the first episode that his birth family had completely disowned him so this family was all he had, and that really touched me) and disproving the "sissy gay man" stereotype by roughing it for days and out-competing football players. So yes, they weren't perfect but I was still glad to see them make it so far.

And what can I say about the Gypsies? Super great guys, great teamwork and sportsmanship. Since I knew they were primal before even watching the show, I felt an immediate identification with them, so every time they won and were awesome guys I felt super, super proud of them. Just like Fab 3 was out representing the LGBT community, Gypsies were out there representing us. I was super bummed there was NO mention of their lifestyle at anytime on the show, but I can understand that it was secondary to the original point of the show and the production team had a lot of editing to do.

But what was most important for me is that watching them out there doing their thing with energy and focus was inspiring to me in my primal journey. I've watched outdoorsy shows and adventure shows my whole life, and this was the first time, the FIRST TIME, that watching such a show did not make me feel sadness and longing, wishing I was stronger and healthier so I could do the same things. Since going primal just three months ago, ive felt more energy and strength just in my day to day urban life. Watching the show, I didn't feel jealous of their abilities; instead, I felt confident that I too could do the sort of things they did (although perhaps not quite as perfectly, or at least without all the training they did ). With luck, someday I will get the chance to try.

Desert63 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    And No Limits, I mean wow....wow....wow. I think the most amazing thing of the ENTIRE show was when Erik and Jeff jumped off the waterfall together. My heart was in my throat. I mean, you could hear the fear in Erik's voice as he is scrabbling to stay on the rock and realizes he has to stand up on this slanted, slippery rock and leap off into space, and he and Jeff both have to trust that they will jump off at the same time.
    At the viewing event in Colorado they had a silent auction for the No Limits Charity. One of the items was a framed picture of this jump, about half way down. It wasnt just a screen grab, it was a hi res camera shot and it was perfect. It was titled No Limits and signed by Jeff and Erik. When I looked at it half way through the night it was up to $250. I was just happy to be there and $250+ was too much for me, even though the money was going to a great cause. Still, it was pretty fantastic and would be something that lived beyond just this show. (see, now I am going and regretting not buying it !)
    I agree with all the posts, this one of the peak moments of this show. And when I tell people about them I show that clip from youtube.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567