Thread: Need a more suitable PRE-workout fix! page

Bolivar is offline Senior Member

Need a more suitable PRE-workout fix!

Shop Now
    Right, so here it is. On a workout day, I have 4 rashers of bacon and 3x eggs when I wake up. A couple of hours later I shall have a banana....20 minutes later i'll have my pre-gym coffee then another 5-10 minutes I shall hit the metal.

This has been doing me well. I have managed to join the 100k squat club, a 50kg overhead press, 115k dead, 70k bench and a venerable 65k bent over row. I'm 168lbs and am enjoying my progression. But I am beginning to get gassed and I think I need more in the tank to keep the power-outage up during lifting.

I think the banana isn't cutting it.

What are some good pre-workout snacks/shakes that keep you kicking ass during heavy lifting (3x5 heavy stuff)

js290 is offline Senior Member
    If you understand the role of the hormone insulin, then you'll know how best to feed yourself for optimal performance.

Bolivar is offline Senior Member
    ok thank you

marteen is offline Junior Member
    Mark's recent post mentioning MCT oil has me intrigued as a possible pre-workout alternative. Evidently it's rapid ketogenic energy, which sounds ideal to me.
    Makin moves. Makin money. Makin bacon.

KristjanGunnarsson is offline Junior Member
    A little bit of starch from oats, rice or potatoes pre-workout ain't gonna kill you. Especially not if you don't need to lose weight and are trying to bulk up.

If that sounds like too much of a stretch then you might add a second fruit in the morning before your workout, or stuff your breakfast meal with tomatoes, bell peppers and carrots.