Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can life get any better? page

JVib is offline Senior Member

Can life get any better?

Primal Fuel
    Primal is awesome. I read The Primal Blueprint back in August 2010. Got pretty serious with it in November, but I was on and off the wagon for a while (damn sugar). Iíve been ďfull-onĒ for the last 7 weeks and have gone from 190 lbs to 176.5 lbs as of this morning. I feel FANTASTIC! I sleep less and yet have more energy. I love what I eat (I will never get sick of organic uncured bacon and farm fresh eggs fried in coconut oil). This spring my local farm (less than 1 mile from my house) started selling 100% organic, grass feed beef. As a matter of fact, I drive by the pastures and can see the delicious cows almost every day. They even sell the organ meat (Iím going to buy a heart this weekend Ė although my semi-primal wife isnít too keen on the idea.)

I also discovered my town has a small farmerís market which runs from the beginning of June to the end of October (only on Saturdays). (It is amazing how Iíve lived in this town for so many years and never bothered to pay attention to these things.) Iíve gotten some organic farm fresh veggies and berries already.

Then I discovered that I have a whole patch of black berries growing at the back of my yard (I picked a cupful yesterday and they were delicious). I will be cultivating those babies next year. My in-laws have a garden and are already dropping off fresh lettuceÖand there are move veggies yet to ripen.

Just when I think it canít get any better, a few weeks ago I walk into the store (at the farm down the street to get a nice grass fed beef roast) and they are now carrying 100% organic range fed chicken eggs (from a local farm a few towns over) for $3.50 a dozen. So I brought 2 dozen up to the counter and as I was paying I decided to ask, just for kicks, if they ever get duck eggs. To my delightful surprise she had 2 dozen duck eggs stashed away in the back of the cooler! I bought both and now Iím hooked on duck eggs. The woman at the farm calls me every week, on my cell phone, to let me know that she has another 2 dozen duck eggs. Iím in Primal Heaven right now.

My primal life just keeps getting better and better.

BrettJ is offline Member
    Mate that sounds awesome. I'm made up for you that everything is working out so nicely at the moment, guess the universe is on your side with this primal thing. That's a great weightloss too, congrats. I keep reading about people losing weight so readily living this way, I'm keen to see how I've done in a month or too as well.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Don't let the cows see you drooling
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Oh...I forgot to mention. I'm switching form an electric to a gas stove in the next two weeks.....now I can cook with fire every day. (I'm giddy)

Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    Don't let the cows see you drooling
    Are you kidding I go for walks down by the pastures and have to wear a bib so I don't get saliva all over my shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettJ View Post
    Mate that sounds awesome. I'm made up for you that everything is working out so nicely at the moment, guess the universe is on your side with this primal thing. That's a great weightloss too, congrats. I keep reading about people losing weight so readily living this way, I'm keen to see how I've done in a month or too as well.
    The best thing about it is how good I feel every day. Much healthier. I would call myself a sugar addict prior to going primal. I've always worked out and tried to eat healthy (oatmeal in the morning, whole grain bread, lots of fruit, extremely low fat diet) but alway had huge ups and downs in energy. With primal my energy level has evened out. I feel tired at night and full of energy when I wake up in the morning. Typically I wake up a few minutes before my alarm and I'm ready to go. Plus, I've had a depression problem since puberty and that seems to have gone away as well. (A friend of mine explained that a low fat/high carb diet can actually cause depression. We need the fat to carry hormones which prevent depression) Life is good.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I envy you the duck eggs! And I agree about feeling better - its amazing. For me, the weight loss is a huge benefit, but still secondary to just feeling better and having more energy.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineC View Post
    I envy you the duck eggs!
    Duck eggs are sooooo much better than chicken eggs. (Sorry to rub it in)
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

BrettJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JVib View Post
    Plus, I've had a depression problem since puberty and that seems to have gone away as well. (A friend of mine explained that a low fat/high carb diet can actually cause depression. We need the fat to carry hormones which prevent depression) Life is good.
    If that's true then going Primal may well be the best decision I've ever made! I actually understand what you mean. The last coupe of days I've had ample energy, even when I'm getting a bit hungry, when before I would get hungry and just be a grumpy sod until I got me some carbs. Let us know how that heart is, I'm keen to know. I can imagine it being deliciously rich. How are the duck eggs better exactly? Just tastier?

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Duck eggs are just... better. Omg, so much better. Omelette's are fluffier, scrambled are more so, they are wunnaful!
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast