Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated page

Turtle Guest

Shop Now

So I have been eating in the primal way for a long time then I found this website which has helped me understand it in greater depth. My life long problem is that I am very strong for a lady. I can lift heavy things (ie my bench is over 200lbs), I crosfit, and in my job I am moving. So the problem is that I have a nice layer of what I call insulation, lol. Some would call it cub. It seems that no matter what do I gain muscle like crazy and that layer of fat doesn't budge. The worst of it is in the lower body legs, thighs and boooty. Any insight would be great. btw had all the tests done and everything came back normal and I am 5"2 and 182lbs.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Do you sprint?

Turtle Guest

Not really, only if we do it during crossfit. What would you recommend? I mean it would be someting new for me to do.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Well, since you're a Crossfitter, I'm assuming that you're in fairly good shape...I'd start off with traditional tabatas, 20sec. full-out work, 10sec. rest, 8 times. Could be the worst four minutes of your life, so take it easy if you need to! Sometimes I even take a 30sec. break between sprints, just so I can REALLY go full-out on my next go. (But with this, I also increase reps.) You can try it on a bike as well, but personally, I feel like I get the most with just me and my feet.

Turtle Guest

Nice I will give it a try. any other ideas are welcomed.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

I would say lower your carb count, and definitely second the tabatas!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

Throw some fasts in there too and you're golden!

Nothing wrong with a strong musclear woman...and nothing wrong with a little bootay! :P

I grok, therefore I am.

Indiscreet is offline Junior Member

I am in awe of your bench - that really is fantastic.

Now, while there is nothing wrong with a muscular woman and a little bootay, 182lbs is pretty heavy for 5'2. I'm pretty muscular and carrying a good amount of lower body fat but at 5'7 I weigh around 157lbs (well, that's what I weighed on Saturday - and that's a heavy weight for me).

You're obviously working out hard (I've tried Crossfit, and the metcons can be pretty brutal) and if you're on a primal forum I'm guessing you eat well most of the time. You say your tests have come back normal but it does sound like you may be estrogen dominant. I'd get a second opinion.

Estrogen also loves fat, so reducing your bodyfat will help. I'd agree with the above and say axe carbs for a bit - be brutal if needs be, though you may have to ease back on your workouts (keep lifting heavy but if energy is an issue, ease up on metcons). Appearance is governed more by diet than exercise.

Jedi is offline Member

Amazing bench would love to know what your squat and deadlift are?? sounds like you are pretty fit

I agree with Indiscreet, the upper end of ideal weight for a woman your height is 136lbs, so even if you allow ten extra pounds for a heavily muscled woman, you still probably need to aim to drop around 35lbs. Sprinting or other forms of HIIT may help, but it mostly comes down to diet, if you don't have any hormonal problems. Do you weigh, measure and track your food? because this can help enormously. Good luck

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

PrimalCon New York

OTOH, our OP might just be "one of those people", usually women, deemed "too fat", yet are in perfectly good condition and health.

Might I suggest a body fat measurement? You could start with one of the Lean Body Mass calculators all over the internet. The math was developed by the USN after measuring thousands of men and women, so it's about as accurate as your measuring is. All you need is a tape measure.

You could also do the caliper thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast