Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Um, the *other* Primal Diet? page 2

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

gag.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

wow, that is disgusting.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Shine is offline Member

Wow, I could not even finish watching the video. That is just incredibly revolting.

So the vegan is still claiming that my diet is just a fad diet, similar to a late-night infomercial that is "out to make a buck." Funny, since I have not spent any money on the primal or paleo diet since I started it. Nothing I say will matter unless the validated by the Mayo clinic or Harvard School of Public Health.

*Shrug* I was just irritated that he posted that quote for obvious sensationalism; anyone who had quickly scanned my post would be led to believe that I was condoning rotten meat.

erik.cisler is offline Junior Member

He's got a decent following in Venice. I've run into a few people who sing his praises. Interesting stuff.

Acmebike is offline Member

Hah! Shine, just disengage from the conversation with the Vegan! Save yourself some frustration, potentially. It certainly is irritating.

That is a bummer, and an aggressive tactic the poster took. Straw man, indeed! Northern... got that right on the money!

Paleo/Primal is one heck of a fad diet, over 2 million years and running. Some fad! And there is nothing to buy, but food. Not food-like products, just food. The vegan going after you would certainly benefit from eating food, even if only vegetables and fruit!

Shine is offline Member

Lol, so true, Acme; it's the 2 million year fad!

Ah, I forgot to mention before that that was a perfect call on the straw man argument, Northern. Ugh, my head is so congested I can't think straight.

I think I should just take your advice, Acme, and disengage; last time I checked, agricultural runoff from livestock production was being mentioned. Of course, I have already mentioned three different times that I oppose CAFOs. All meat consumption is not the same, and it is frustrating to have to contend with arguments against mass meat production that do not apply to me.

Acmebike is offline Member

No doubt! Have you read "The Vegetarian Myth" by Lierre Keith? It is a must read, it'll help when you should find yourself in a debate.

But Primal and Paleo are terms that are likely to be applied to other diets, fitness programs, etc. No need to think of them as a brand, but as a descriptor.

nina_70 Guest

Wow...that is something else. I guess if you go back to the time before we had fire, primal man would have eaten either rare or rotting meat, whatever he hunted or scavanged. But...I'm quite happy to fast-forward to primal cooking man, It'll be fresh meat for me, thank you very much

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Oh I read an article about this a few months ago. It's just a different diet with the same name is all, obviously Mark has never once advocated eating decomposing meat...my stomach was turning when I was reading the article the first time.

I suppose I'd lose all kinds of weight too if all I was allowing myself to eat was rotten food. I'd probably rather starve for a couple of days and only eat when absolutely necessary. That doesn't quite add up to "thriving" in life though, and it sounds disgusting. Too bad the vegan doesn't see how crazy their diet is though, it's not quite as bad, but close!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Shine is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Acme, no but I definitely have that book on my reading list for winter break.

Hannah, I agree that nothing but a fridge full of decomposing meat would lead to some serious weight loss in my house. Of course, I would probably break down and go to Whataburger and defeat the whole purpose, lol.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast