Thread: New Guy page

Glen Guest

Primal Fuel

Hi. My name's Glen and I'm new to Mark's Daily Apple. I'm starting the 30 day challenge tomorrow. During the past year I've been working on a goal of racing 500 miles. I've done everything from 3 milers to the lower end of ultra marathons and had planned to knock off my last race yesterday - a 50k. The 50k ended up knocking me off after 16 miles. I have basically trained by running races only. I started out at about 210 lbs in January and, at last weigh in, I'm at 213lbs. I'm 6"1" and 43 years old. I never pay attention to diet and am interested to see how a low carb plan will impact my body weight and composition. This challenge will likely be a 31 or 32 day challenge. I'll defintely be eating goodies on Christmas. I look forward to learning with you all and reading about your challenges.

musajen is offline Junior Member

Welcome Glen!

Squirrel Jo is offline Junior Member

Hi Glen! Welcome, and I'd be interested to see how you get on with eating Primal and running. I know most people here focus more on sprinting rather than running long distances, so are you planning to continue your long distance running? I'm only asking because DH and I have started running, I just feel it's such a natural form of exercise. Have you read 'Born to Run'? Hubby is reading 'Chi running' and says it's a fantastic book.

Glen Guest

Thanks Musajen and Squirrel Jo. Yes, I read "Born to Run" and liked it very much. Still don't consider myself a runner - more like an imposter who shows up at a race and struggles to get to the finish. Most runners worry about keeping a pace, I just worry about keeping a pulse. Good luck in your running.

I guess I do plan on continuing. I signed up for the Blue Ridge Highway Marathon today. It's in April in the mountains, so just showing up is not an option. I need to get serious about dropping some weight and training with some kind of focus. It's great that you're doing this with your husband.