Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New update based on my last months efforts. page

Styleten is offline Senior Member

New update based on my last months efforts.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I started training again and when i began about a month ago i hit a few forums so i can learn some tactics to implement and from there put into practice everyday to make a change in my body and health.

Looking back at my last month using calorie king and seeing my caliper measurement go from 21 mm to 12 mm i wanted to see the stats on my going low carb. Looking at my reports i was able to see in the graph the days i had carb spikes. Then i was able to isolate the day, and look back to see what the cause of these graphical spikes were.

1 day in 30, 300-400 grams carbs.
    2 days in 30, 200-300 grams carbs.
    7 days in 30 100-200 grams of carbs.
    2 days in 30, 50 grams to 100 grams of carbs.
    16 days 0 - 50 grams carbs.

2400 grams of carbs max in the last 30 days per the stats. 2400 divided by 30 = 80 grams a day average though the month would be the high end daily estimate.

Checking June days 19,21,22,27,28,30 why were these days so high in carbs?

19th, Bread, nutella, dried fruit.
    21, raisins, bread, nutella, a soda.
    22, raisins, banana, bread.
    27, Boston market, mashed potato's, mac and cheese and corn bread.
    28, McDonald cheese burger, and checkers/rally s BLT, super bacon burger, and fries.
    30, nutella sandwich, a soda.

I think I'm doing really good. I'm going to continue to avoid fast food and soda. I'm going to try low carb bread if there is such a thing and see if i can find a brand i enjoy.

honeypig is offline Senior Member
    Styleten, regarding your quest for low-carb bread, I wonder if you have access to Cybros products? Here is the link https://thesproutedbakehouse.com/

It is very much a "normal" bread in that it doesn't have a weird consistency or flavor like virtually all other low-carb products. It is also relatively light, not heavy and dense. I believe the reason for this is that sprouted grains are used and the sprouting process lowers the carb content, altho certainly I could be wrong. If you go to the site above and check the "Our Products" section, you will be able to check the nutritional iformation as well as the ingredients there.

It's not outrageously expensive and I am able to readily find it in the local grocery store as well as health stores. It freezes well if you find it on sale and want to stock up.

I am a runner, currently injured, and once I get back on my feet, I, like you, will need to keep an eye on dialing in the correct amount and type of carbs to keep me moving while still losing fat.

Best wishes!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    28, McDonald cheese burger, and checkers/rally s BLT, super bacon burger, and fries.

Those are all things you've quit eating, right? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post

Those are all things you've quit eating, right? I'm confused.
    No these represent thing i ate on days where my calorie king diet tracker software showed graphical spikes in the read out for the monthly over view. So if i don't buy raisins and nutella i'll do my self a service. Can't eat it if it isn't in the house. The nutella makes for a really good snack with peanut butter on bread. I'll cut one then replace the other.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Why are you eating bread at all? Did you miss the part about the Primal Blueprint being 'No Grain'?

Macaroni, corn bread, nutella???? PB is not just about going low carb, but your join date says 2009 so I'm assuming you know these things.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

I'm eating bread occasionally because occasionally i enjoy bread belinda. Carb restriction was apart of marks recommendations to me but you weren't apart of those messages. Thanks for being condescending. Needed that.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I like bread too. But as a follower of the Primal Blueprint (and hopefully an example to others who are giving it a try for the first time) I don't eat it any more. Or 95% of the other products that are available that have grain or sugar in them.

I just found it strange that you wondered why you were having carb spikes and even bothered to post what you did. Any condescention was accidental. My bad.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

denbro01 is offline Senior Member
    ???????

Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    I like bread too. I don't eat it any more. Or 95% of the other products that are available that have grain or sugar in them.
    i showed my problems on 6 days out of 30. 30 / 6 = 5%

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Styleten View Post
    i showed my problems on 6 days out of 30. 30 / 6 = 5%
    6 days out of 30 is 20%, not 5. I guess you could call that "80/20", but I agree that bread and sugar should not be in your menu as often as they are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast