Thread: Lobster with Saffron Sauce page

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member

Lobster with Saffron Sauce

Primal Fuel
    I posted this on my leptin thread, but thought others might enjoy the recipe.

I'm hosting a party in a few weeks of longtime colleagues and friends, and while it is potluck, the host provides the main dish, so I was looking for something special in my recipe files and found this from Blaine Jelus, who used to do a low carb show on Discovery Health channel. I will triple the recipe, but it is delicious and something for a special candlelight dinner for two, or in my case, something to stand out that I can eat and everyone else wants to, too.

Lobster w/ saffron sauce
    4 - 1 pound lobster - cooked in boiling water for 10 minutes then meat removed (Yields approximately 16 oz. of lobster meat)
    4 cups diced tomato
    1/4 tsp. saffron spice
    1/4 cup white wine
    1 cup seafood stock
    Salt and pepper to taste
    1 yellow pepper seeded and sliced thin - julienne
    1 shallot sliced thin (approx. 1 tbsp. cooked)
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    1 tbsp. butter
    2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Place lobsters in boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove from water, crack claws and pick meat from shells. Pick tails from shell and clean out vein from middle of tail. Set meat aside (Reserve all shells and juice to make lobsters stock at later time).

Soak 1/4 tsp. saffron in teaspoon of water. Preheat 10" sauté pan over medium heat. Add butter and shallot and cook 3-4 minutes. Add tomato and turn heat up to medium/medium high until tomatoes breakdown. Season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Remove pan from heat and add wine. Cook 3-4 longer then add stock and bring back to boil cooking for 5 minutes until reduced by one third. Puree sauce with stick blender and strain.Clean sauté pan and heat over medium-medium high heat. Add teaspoon of olive oil, sliced pepper and cook until peppers are just soft about 2 minutes. Add strained sauce and saffron to sauté pan and reduce until slightly thick - 3 to 4 minutes. Add Lobster meat and heat 1-2 minutes. Spoon lobster and sauce onto plate with shallot custard. Garnish with fresh parsley.

Yields 4 servings - approximately 7.7 net carbs per serving
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member
    Bookmarked! Next time they've got fresh lobsters at the local food market, (and I have the money for a pound of it!) this is so ending up on my dinner table!

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    You deserve an award!

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    You deserve an award!
    Thank you, thank you; let me thank all the people on mda who gave me the courage to try, to eat primally, to enjoy the fruits of the land and the sea, etc, etc, etc..............will that do as a start for my acceptance speech?
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)