Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fatty foods = marijuana page

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

fatty foods = marijuana

Shop Now
    This just in: Fatty foods can trigger a marijuana effect, new research reports - Health & Families, Life & Style - The Independent

All this time I thought I ate chips because I got high, turns out I get high because I eat chips. /Taubes'd

brb, auto-combusting.

Endocannabinoids were first unveiled years ago when scientists researching the effects of marijuana discovered that the body can, under the right stimuli, create its own cannabinoids, molecules that set off reactions in the nervous system to reduce pain and anxiety.

While diving into a platter of fried food can stimulate this effect, The New York Times recently reported on a healthier way to trigger your endocannabinoid system: a 2003 study from the Georgia Institute of Technology found that 50 minutes of vigorous running on a treadmill or riding a stationary bike produced a "floaty, free-form sense of well-being," aka runner's high.
    I'd rather dive into a platter of fried food, or smoke weed, than ride a stationary bike hoping that similar stuff might happen...

In case it's not apparent, this is meant to be a light-hearted topic, no need to mess it up with serious drug discussion because we all know that leads nowhere.

DubleYoo is offline Senior Member
    Well we all know how dangerous fatty foods are. Now research shows it makes you feel good - chemically. The only possible outcome I foresee is in one year possession of dietary fat will be a felony.

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Many people get addicted to exercise/working out and most of them will tell you it's because they love the "high" they get.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    seriously, i've experienced runner's high before...and it didn't make me giggle uncontrollably because i had trouble pronouncing the letter f

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    id say it was less the foods themselves that cause the reaction but the enjoyment you get from eating something you like.

Bishop is offline Senior Member
    I'm unsure what they mean by fatty foods.

On a sort of related note, I used to smoke a lot of pot way back in the day. And nothing makes three hours of cardio go by like being high while you exercise.
    Not that I advocate marijuana and chronic cardio.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    All this time I thought I ate chips because I got high, turns out I get high because I eat chips. /Taubes'd
    Clever!
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Clever!
    Was hoping somebody would pick up on that!

I smoke every now and then. I like to take long hiatus from it , especially when I get too happy on it, then I know it's time to take a break.

I'm currently undergoing an experiment where I'm trying to see if I can reverse the trend I've experienced in the past that weed smoking leads to weight gain (by way of munchies, of course) the experiment is simple: smoke for an undisclosed period of time and see if you can in fact lose body fat. I'm dabbling with carb refeeds, and generally getting back to old (but better) habits such as weekly sprinting, and cooking which are the only areas in which I lack. I don't cook too often because I live in a house where home made food is almost always available and through minor tweaking is perfectly primal. I don't sprint often enough, for that I don't really have an excuse. I prefer to lift I guess but sprinting is a great tool I'm just not using.

I probably smoke on average twice a week, so I'm just trying really hard not to consume anything I wouldn't while sober. It's working out okay so far. I don't think it's worth it for me to completely drop it just to reach a certain BF%, because I'm quite certain once that goal is reached I'll still want to smoke every now and then. So, rather than deny myself of something I enjoy I'm trying to exercise will power and make it not totally derail my efforts.

I'd never do cardio high, though I've done almost every thing (including sprinting, but when it was wearing off) in that state. Lifting is particularly fun, not external loads mind you, but your own body weight. I know plenty people that lift weights, but I find more enjoyment out of practicing other stuff. However, I find conventional lifting rather boring in general.

jandge is offline Senior Member
    Man, my first (and only) runner's high was almost the exact same experience I had on my first (rather four, thanks friends!) bong hit. Spacey and on the verge of throwing up.

I can't tolerate weed or running in all seriousness. And it was all connected!

Lol'd at Taubes'd.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    I'd better be hallucinating by the time I get done eating these lamb shoulder chops then.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast