Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the the World's Greatest Weight Loss Tip? page

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member

What is the the World's Greatest Weight Loss Tip?

Shop Now
    Take a photo of every morsel you put in your mouth. Then post on facebook. This seems to be a method that can not fail. Read my blog post that I published today for my reasoning: What is the World’s Greatest Weight (Fat) Loss Tip?

What do you think is the best weight loss tip in general?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

ktgrok is offline Member
    SLEEP! My weight seems to be totally dependent on my sleep, and on relaxation. Sitting on my booty all day reading romance novels to unwind will result in a loss, rather than being on my feet all day chasing a toddler through walmart.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Best tip in my mind - Never (and I mean NEVAH) tell someone you are trying to lose weight/fat

All it seems to lead to is tons of unsolicited advice from the well intentioned and sabotage from the surprisingly large number of assholes in the world.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

davem is offline Senior Member
    I think the best tip is simply - don't act poorly.

Posting pics of what you eat on FB is fiddly, and only works for those that are easily group shamed, or succumb to peer pressure. I actually like telling close friends of your choice to lose weight, so they can help keep you honest. However, I do also remember something people on another board I frequent say a lot, "Concealed means concealed."
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Interesting thoughts.

I believe in the taking photos because when you eat junk food you will feel the guilt. It seems as if you will be a lot less likely to repeat it. It takes time but this tip just seems logical. I stole it from Tim Ferriss.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post
    Interesting thoughts.

I believe in the taking photos because when you eat junk food you will feel the guilt. It seems as if you will be a lot less likely to repeat it. It takes time but this tip just seems logical. I stole it from Tim Ferriss.
    Wouldn't this only work on people that are prone to feel guilt? I eat junk food sometimes, don't feel too terrible about it. Also, taking pictures of everything you eat to me sounds like a drag. I only do that when I'm proud of something I cooked. I'm quite confident even my "real" facebook friends would block me after seeing several food pics, especially after the 787th egg and meat combination.

I would throw SPRINT ONCE WEEKLY into the mix. The power of sprinting in shedding fat is undeniable. You only run into problems when you try to increase the frequency. Once a week is perfect.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Those are good but the best single tip is cut carbs to get your insulin level lower.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Keep busy and stay happy.

Food is first substituted to intellectual or physical activity, and then - to happiness. Hence, obesity (baring the medical conditions, obviously).

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    Those are good but the best single tip is cut carbs to get your insulin level lower.
    True that. I often say "limit (or don't eat) bread or anything that resembles it, or anything that is made like bread is, such as noodles, etc" even without going paleo/primal, that change alone is typically enough. Since folks are likely to turn to meat/veggies/fruits etc anyway...

trippplez is offline Member
    Cut the carbs, count every bite up to 1000 kcal for a woman, 1500 kcal for a man (average height, add something like 200 kcal for every 4 inches above or below the average). That adds up to maximum 2 normal meals (or 3 if you are masochistic). Don't snack.

Do it for a week. Sit back and enjoy the results in the mirror.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast