Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the the World's Greatest Weight Loss Tip? page 3

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Drink plenty of water.

eelnus is offline Senior Member
    I agree with cut carbs. It seems like if you do that, everything else just follows.

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Eat less, move more.

and

You can't out exercise a bad diet.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
    Eat less.

Really? You think the simple advice of "eat less" will work? Seriously?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

winslowellie is offline Junior Member
    I think anything that works for you is good and go for it! Would like to say that for those of us over 60, it's a whole different ballgame! And I say that as one who lost over 100 lbs at age 50 and kept it off until multiple orthopedic problems said otherwise. So any other over 60's trying to lose weight? You youngsters, trust me, it's WAAAY easier for you!

Here's one thing that I've found. Skip breakfast. I know, I know, "they" say it's the most important meal. Here's what I know. Breakfast--yea, even primal breakfast--makes me hungrier all day long with horrendous cravings at night that will not be denied. If I start my eating at noon--still primal--the craving are all gone.

I've been blogging about it at Minding The Middle Aged Middle...and More (among other healthy things) and will track progress as I go. It's the only thing that's worked for me lately!
    Ellie

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    That's for an anorexic? I have a super-low calorie day today (~ 1,100 cals) and 1000 calories is a shrimp gazpacho, a couple cups of cabbage with a small can of tuna and a small apple baked with a tbsp of butter. (I don't care for butter, but need to have the bloody fats). A woman who is over 5' tall cannot function on under 1,000 cals a day without slowly starving to death.
    Agree. Not only that, but it doesn't take into account activity level, metabolism, underlying issues or nutritional requirements.

I can easily burn more than 3000 calories just working an average day, and I'll still have 15 hours of living to go when I get home from work. Having that much of a deficit is going to give me a migraine, throw me into starvation mode and generally screw me up pretty seriously.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by winslowellie View Post
    IHere's one thing that I've found. Skip breakfast.
    Agreed for me, too. I have been skipping breakfast, no snacking 2 meals a day. No cravings--not ever really hungry until right before i eat. Based upon some recent postings here, I started eating a high protein breakfast upon waking--result: massive cravings all day! Back to no breakfast for me!

Voyageur is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post
    Really? You think the simple advice of "eat less" will work? Seriously?
    Do I think it will work? Are you being serious? Creating a caloric deficit - by eating less - guarantees weightloss. That is an irrefutable fact.

If you were looking for a gimmick or trick - sorry to disappoint. To overlook eating less as the number one method to lose weight is silly.

Last edited by Voyageur; 07-10-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    There is a huge difference between talking about how to do something and getting it fucking done.

gunnk is offline Senior Member
    Don't eat things which contain grains or high fructose corn syrup.

That one rule immediately pushes out almost all "mass-produced food products" and leaves you with nutritious real food. Try it!
    Life is short: Void the warranty.

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
    Do I think it will work? Are you being serious? Creating a caloric deficit - by eating less - guarantees weightloss. That is an irrefutable fact.

If you were looking for a gimmick or trick - sorry to disappoint. To overlook eating less as the number one method to lose weight is silly.

Maybe he was being sarcastic? I agree with Voyageur. I will also add, follow EatStopEat. 22-24hr fast twice a week. Maybe more than twice if that works for you but I like twice. Works for me!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast