Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pears page

nitrofish1 is offline Member

Pears

Primal Fuel
    So I'm digging my berries and all, but are there other fruits I can have to keep it varied? I've heard of occasional apples, but I love pears too, can I have pears?

Bishop is offline Senior Member
    Sure why not?
    If you're trying to drop weight I wouldn't got hogwild, but a couple pears a week is fine. I love pears. This time of year provides the only three weeks or so I can get decent fruit the whole year, so I actually am going hogwild.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely. It's great with fresh cheeses.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Pears are delicious. One of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Sure why not?
    If you're trying to drop weight I wouldn't got hogwild, but a couple pears a week is fine. I love pears. This time of year provides the only three weeks or so I can get decent fruit the whole year, so I actually am going hogwild.
    well there is a market that sells locally grown fruits nearby, and im planning on hitting them up and bagging then freezing them so i can have them in the winter time too. especially things in season like strawberries, eat them almost daily. at least thats how i make the fruit stretch when its out of season. but thanks, glad to hear i dont have to leave one of my favorite fruits out.

I know that apples do not freeze, they turn brown and soft after thawing (well, it's actually considered a treat back in the old country, but nothing like a fresh apple). I made freezer pear jam before though. So, maybe pears freeze better. I know that plums and soir cherries, and all the berries freeze well.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I know that apples do not freeze, they turn brown and soft after thawing (well, it's actually considered a treat back in the old country, but nothing like a fresh apple). I made freezer pear jam before though. So, maybe pears freeze better. I know that plums and soir cherries, and all the berries freeze well.
    i only freeze berries, they freeze well. i wouldnt try pears though. i also just freeze fresh meat and homemade sauce and stock.

I made a quick search on the internet, and the way they freeze pears is with lemon juice and sugar. You can try a trial batch with lemon juice alone, but I am thinking sugar helps preservation. Maybe pears can be canned au juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I made a quick search on the internet, and the way they freeze pears is with lemon juice and sugar. You can try a trial batch with lemon juice alone, but I am thinking sugar helps preservation. Maybe pears can be canned au juice.
    that wouldnt be too bad, something id have to try for sure.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like to slice up equal amounts of pear and apple, then saute them in butter, cinammon and a little bit of chopped nuts.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast