Thread: Possible Dairy Intolerance page

ludo is offline Junior Member

Possible Dairy Intolerance

Primal Fuel
    Ok. I was a bit bad this evening. I was craving sweet and rather than have candy, I mixed a few raspberries with a tablespoon of yogurt. It was full fat and had lower carbs than most (but still far too high, hence only have the tablespoon and not the whole container). Immediately upon eating the sweetness, I felt like death. I mean, a roiling gut and all. I don't think I've been Primal long enough to be having ill effects due to my body not being used to it, could this just be me noticing something that might have always been there and I previously ignored?

I have always known that too much dairy upset my stomach. Like, if I had cheese based pasta sauces, I couldn't have milk with dinner - it was too much. Maybe even a little is too much? Is there a good way of testing this? Any ideas? Maybe I should just not risk it and leave it alone for awhile?
    Starting Stats: Current Stats: Goal Stats:
    Weight: 283lbs Weight: 271lbs Weight: 145lbs

We started as a work project, let's see what we become.

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    The only way to test is to do an elimination diet - eat no dairy whatsoever for a month, then eat it and see what happens. As someone who's completely and utterly dairy intolerant, I can tell you that it sucks, but it's doable.

Red Wire is offline Senior Member
    Its always a good idea to try raw dairy if you have access to it. Easier to digest for most people.
    "One can only be a perfect physician for oneself alone. " ~ Luigi Cornaro

petriquor is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    The only way to test is to do an elimination diet - eat no dairy whatsoever for a month, then eat it and see what happens. As someone who's completely and utterly dairy intolerant, I can tell you that it sucks, but it's doable.
    How much would be enough to get a good idea of how it affects you? And what kind? I'm guessing it would vary from person to person but I'm very curious about this, since I think I may indeed have some kind of dairy intolerance but I don't really know to what extent.

I'd also like to know what symptoms I should look for specifically.