Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: grain eating co-workers VENTING :) page

4me
    4me is offline Member

grain eating co-workers VENTING :)

Primal Fuel
    So i've been on primal for about six months now- i did really well when i was a stay at home mom (lost 20lbs)... been at work for a few months and it's so hard! my office is next to the break room and we are the typical office (like The Office) where they celebrate EVERYTHING with cake, donuts, bagels... what's even more annoying is that my co-worker (whom i share an office with, but in August she is moving out and i get this office all to myself) is a grain addict. she actually was "pushing" me to eat bread, telling me. "i just don't think you need to diet" UGH!!!! in fact right now she is munching on a box of cheez-it's.... I KNOW i am not alone in this world of co-workers stuffing their faces all day long with grains... so just to make me feel better can anyone share their horror stories of co-workers who say RIDICULOUS things about the way we eat? PLEASE

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    I get really strange stares in the break room when people see me go in there to have smoked salmon or a tuna steak. I keep a bunch in my desk. Every time there is cake or pizza, I have that instead and don't make a big deal about it. People caught on and now it's just funny. Someone always goes, "fish in a bag!"

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    My coworker (and one of my best friends) has learned to accept that I don't eat like she does. But she still will talk about how "good" she is being by only having a waffle for breakfast, full-sugar soda for a snack, sandwich for lunch (plus a 100 calorie pack of cookies for dessert - and another soda) and spaghetti for dinner (with garlic bread I'm sure). Then she just can't understand why she's still heavy, especially since she has the same job I do, which is physically very demanding.

It's also really tough going to lunch together after our routes. KFC, Cane's, Subway... it's all a chemical/sugar/gluten minefield. But I figure she'll see a difference in me, since she knows how I'm eating, and maybe decide to try it herself one day.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, it's alright. They just don't get that it's a daily decision. And the days add up. Just laugh at them, maybe call them Fodder Feeders. Thank them for supporting the government and shortening their lifespans to make room for your offspring. And know that, secretly, plenty of them want to change but don't know how so they just stick to their socially reinforced habits to avoid the confrontation.

And almost nobody believes me when I tell them I've lost 40 pounds and once weighed over 210 pounds. They've never been able to do it, so it's a miracle that I did, right?

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Tell them that grains give you explosive diarrhea or uncontrollable vomiting, people tend to stop asking after that
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    True, I've often considered just telling people I'm allergic. But that's a cop out for me, since I'm such an evangelist about food. I often ask them THE question. "What does bread give you that you can't get from a better source?" And that gets their wheels turning, hopefully leading them down a better path.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    What were you eating before you went on the PB? Bread? Cake? Cut these people some slack.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

kcult is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    What were you eating before you went on the PB? Bread? Cake? Cut these people some slack.
    Go be grumpy somewhere else.

Started my journey on May 22, 2010:

Beginning weight ~180
    Current weight ~145

Nov. 9, 2009........Nov. 9, 2010.....Jun. 17, 2011
    LDL 155...............LDL 176............LDL 139
    HDL 39................HDL 66..............HDL 95
    TGL 154..............TGL 77..............TGL 49

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Most of my co-workers respect my lifestyle, but then I work at a healthfood store. I refuse to lie or make up allergies, but I regularly spout my fasting blood sugar results over the first two weeks of going primal.

From the low 300s to below 100. (Where it stabilized and remains).

In. Two. Weeks.

Only my boss still gives me sh*t, and I always shut him out by telling him, *I don't learn sexual tricks from nuns, no matter how much that habit turns me on, and I won't take health advice from a smoker, no matter how fucking skinny he is.*

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Yep, my office is the same way. Doughnuts all the time, and Friday has become the unofficial official junk food day in my little cubicle camp. I'm slightly guilty of encouraging it; I've been using it as an excuse to get the last of the flour, sugar and butter (I'm horrendously intolerant of dairy) out of the house. I just can't stand to throw out food, and I really enjoy baking.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast