Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Primal Tip of the Day page

wiltondeportes Guest

My Primal Tip of the Day

Primal Fuel
    I un-humbly submit....

I have been thinking about this plain room I moved into a few days ago. I was thinking "it's really plain". I wanted some posters or something. I figured I could get some pictures of things that I liked to do or wanted to do in the future.

Well...tonight I started drawing. I'm not going to lie...I suck at drawing. I think it's mostly because I can't picture what this or that looks like without seeing it. Anyways...I drew about 4 pictures that I hung up in my now un-plain room. It's freaking gorgeous.

I encourage everyone to participate in art making instead of just buying posters or the more expense paintings. Just do whatever comes to the heart, and you are going to love it. It makes your living space awesome, and it puts you in a good mood to look at it. Grok would have done it! Look at all the caves he designed.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Pics, or it didn't happen.

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    I'm not very good at drawing at all, but I once got a couple of canvases and some coordinating paint colors and then dipped my small terrier's feet in the paints, and had her walk across the canvas until I was satisfied. It was pretty sweet, actually.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    In my lab (craft room/ office/ gaming rig room), I have 2 paintings by my grandmother, including one of me at 5, an old piping and tunnel map of my alma mater from the 70s found in the tunnels by a good friend (the tunnels were largely abandoned shortly after this map was made and it was punishable by expulsion for a student to get caught in the tunnels), a framed poster of The American Skyline, and a 3'x6' white board panel with multiple colors of markers velcroed to the wall beside it.
    The last one to go up in there will be a painting in acryilic and watercolors I'm working on right now. I have it sketched out and the first coat of paint on the canvas, with at least 3 more coats to go, possibly 4-5 depnding on how the details come out. Shows a person with flight accurate sized bird wings in full armor with a sword (the wings are armored as well) standing on a cliff with their back to thecliff edge. In the background, you see a burning city and a storm, with a road from the city filled with fleeing people.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 07-06-2011 at 06:33 AM. Reason: forgot the other painting
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Nion is offline Senior Member
    You should buy my prints then :P Support my starving artist's ass <3
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/dlevanphotos
    Last edited by Nion; 07-06-2011 at 06:38 AM.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nion View Post
    You should buy my prints then :P Support my starving artist's ass <3
    Dannielle Levan | RedBubble
    My Favorite.

Not a starving artist, but definitely income impaired . . . with a wife a dog and three kids. And I love my wife and dog.

*le siGh*

The children, on the other hand, are totally negotiable for sale or trade.
    Last edited by brahnamin; 07-06-2011 at 07:01 AM.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    When I find a single-pane comic strip I really like (usually it's Mutts) I hand-draw it on a larger piece of paper, go over it in ink, and hang it up. I covered a wall in my dorm with about 10 of these and people love it.

Also, jigsaw puzzles make AWESOME wall art. No skill required. Until you have to flip and glue the finished puzzle...

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    In my dorm, my preferred decor was books. The puny little bookshelf they gave us barely held my textbooks, so I got creative with what little excess wall space I had. I used wooden wine crates that my father and I sanded and stained, with scrap wood spacers that had also been sanded and stained, and stacked them from the shelf the bed pushed into (think push it in, it's a sofa, pull it out, it's a twin bed) to the ceiling. I did the same thing on the shelf in front of the window on my side and in front of the cinderblock wall between the built- in bookshelf and the window. By the time I had my dorm "decorated", it looked more like a library than anything else.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    My Favorite.

Not a starving artist, but definitely income impaired . . . with a wife a dog and three kids. And I love my wife and dog.

*le siGh*

The children, on the other hand, are totally negotiable for sale or trade.
    Lol, that's one of my favorites too.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

wiltondeportes Guest
    Wow that's all pretty cool. I wasn't expecting so many artists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast