Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edmonton, Alberta page 2

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I am seeing a primal BBQ in our future....shall we say January....we are Canadian after all...lol
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloe View Post
    Hi fellow edmontonians!

I'm still new to the city, so I would thank you a lot if you could give me some advice:

Aside from farmers market, do you know of any butchers where one could get grass fed beef?
    How about butter, eggs, free range chickens, etc?
    Where to find coconut flour?
    How much more expensive is buying this stuff from these places, than buying it from say Superstore?

Thanks a lot for any info you can give me on how to be more Paleo around here
    We buy a lot of our meat from the Strathcona Farmers' Market but we buy all of our "beef" (bison actually) from Buffalo Valley Meats at Whitemud Crossing. They have Llama, beef, bison, chicken, turkey, kangaroo, wild boar, etc. The staff is awesome too. Mrs. Griffin has expressed love of one of the guys a couple time . . .

We buy our coconut (and other nut) flours from Bulk Barn. (Across the street from SuperStore in SE Common.)
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Aloe is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    We buy a lot of our meat from the Strathcona Farmers' Market but we buy all of our "beef" (bison actually) from Buffalo Valley Meats at Whitemud Crossing. They have Llama, beef, bison, chicken, turkey, kangaroo, wild boar, etc. The staff is awesome too. Mrs. Griffin has expressed love of one of the guys a couple time . . .

We buy our coconut (and other nut) flours from Bulk Barn. (Across the street from SuperStore in SE Common.)
    That's awesome, thanks! We'll try these places out
    Height: 5ft 9"
    Current pants size: 20 (Canada sizing).
    Goal: I'll let you know when I've reached it.

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind
    is a faithful servant. We have created a society that
    honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”
    ~Albert Einstein~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12