Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Already a low-carber, ready for the rest! page

TypeOjoy is offline Junior Member

Already a low-carber, ready for the rest!

I'm a recovered macaroni and cheese lover with bad heartburn issues-- go figure!
    Eating low carb the last 6 months has helped me feel great and look great too-- with minimal work I must say. I'm an avid snowboarder, and like hiking and frisbee golf in the months without the snow. I recently had a pretty serious "bonk" on a bike ride up a mountain, and searching around I found Mark's site. The material sounds just like me and my eating and fitness style, but seems like it will take me to the next (barefoot?) step on my journey and give me some much needed resources. This is exiting-- so HELLO there!

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    I came in from low carb (and gluten free) also... Welcome!
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

IndigoBanshee is offline Senior Member
    I love disc golf, but I haven't gone in forever. I need to get out and throw again.

I've found Primal to be easy and very successful at making me feel great. Hope you do too!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I used to have bad heartburn a few years ago. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but next time it flares up, try taking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. It helps with the taste if you keep it in the fridge.

Prilosec and Zantac only seemed to make it worse in the long run, back when I had heartburn issues. I really don't have any at all anymore.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

juliekaboolie is offline Junior Member
    I'm a low-carber, too! I have been following the Primal Blueprint for a month, and I have to say that I feel so much better just by giving up Artificial Sweetners! Welcome! I'm a newbie, too!

New Cave Lady here is offline Junior Member
    I came in too from Atkins and low carb. Of course i only need to lose ten or fifteen pounds. I notice that with carbs i would get terrible heartburn
    every day!!! And stopping the carbs and eating more primal the heartburn is gone. I cheated the other day and had popcorn and i got heartburn
    soon after. No more popcorn for me. Guess it's nuts now. The cure for heartburn for me was no carbs!

Sethbacca is offline Junior Member
    Greets, just started making the switch last week from LC to PB. Pretty easy really if you're switching from LC already. The key for me is not freaking out about taking in 50+ carbs a day.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethbacca View Post
    Greets, just started making the switch last week from LC to PB. Pretty easy really if you're switching from LC already. The key for me is not freaking out about taking in 50+ carbs a day.
    ok.. so I am not alone here. Adkins said 20 net carbs and sometimes that was really tough but ok.. and with PB its 50-100...yikes! I eat lots of veggies but still am not getting all my carbs. Nuts are out- allergic

Sethbacca is offline Junior Member
    Definitely not just you. I feel guilty when I look at my dailyburn stats each day and I see my carb numbers and technically they're not even really as high as they should be (according to PB). I've been staying right around 50 or slightly less.

croí is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, just curious. How do you all manage keeping the carbs below 50g? I'm assuming no fruit, no nuts. .. what else?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast