Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moon Cycling page

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member

Moon Cycling

I mentioned this briefly on the leptin thread, so for those interested here are the details:

Benefits: Getting your monthly cycle in sync with the moon can dramatically reduce or eliminate pms, cramping, breast tenderness, quantity of blood loss and length of cycle.

The ideal is to begin your menstration on or very near to New Moon and ovulate at Full Moon.

Protocol: Go to bed at a decent our and sleep in complete darkness. No little led lights, street lights etc. Block the windows if you need and try putting electrical tape over little electronic lights. On the day before, of, and after full moon sleep with a nightlight on. If you live in the country without any light pollution you can just sleep with the curtains open freely all month, but keep out all artificial light.

Seeds and Oils: from New Moon to Full Moon take 1 T. of sunflower seeds daily and 1 T. of cod-liver oil daily. From Full Moon to New Moon take 1 T. pumpkin seeds and 2 caps Borage Oil daily. If you normally take cod-liver oil daily, continue it during the full to new moon stage as well. Optional, but helpful if it agrees with you, is to also take 1 T. of freshly ground flax seeds all month long.

Results: This protocol has taken me from having an irregular cycle with 8 day periods of very heavy flow and strong cramps, breast tenderness, irritable to regular, 24-30 hour period with blood loss of only about 2 T. total, no pms symptoms, no cramps, no change in mood, no breast tenderness. The light protocol is the most important aspect I think. If I get off by staying up too late for a week or DH is up with the tv on or reading with the light on, it will get me off cycle again. It can take several months to get back. I find that if you're doing things right then my cycle seems to jump forward each month trying to get back onto new moon (like it will start about a week late every month until back at new moon again).

The light portion of this program I got from Lunaception (google it) and the seed and oil cycling was something I learned from my naturopath.
    Last edited by PaleoMom; 07-05-2011 at 02:02 PM.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I did pretty much none of that and my last cycle just happened on the first night of the full moon. It was still long, but I had less bleeding and still slightly painful. See if it happens this month.
    Georgette

That is the opposite of what you want. Get it on new moon and it will shorten and probably be without pain.

Silky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    That is the opposite of what you want. Get it on new moon and it will shorten and probably be without pain.
    How would you protocol differ?

I would be interested about hearing about people's experiences of this. I've never heard anything like it before (new or full moon)

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    my cycle is on the down side of a waning moon (3-4 days after a full moon). Though I doubt I'm going to be regular until ds weans 100% at night... Next cycle I think I'll try this....

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I doubt that'll ever happen for me. I always thought you wanted it with the full moon. Between being PCOS and possibly having endo, I may just never have this happen.
    Georgette

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Glad you posted the details--I was totally interested when you mentioned this in the other thread. THANKS!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I doubt that'll ever happen for me. I always thought you wanted it with the full moon. Between being PCOS and possibly having endo, I may just never have this happen.
    I have the most trouble when I menstrate on full moon. Think of ovulating and howling at the full moon like the wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    How would you protocol differ?

I would be interested about hearing about people's experiences of this. I've never heard anything like it before (new or full moon)
    My protocol isn't different, she was sharing her full moon experience vs. my new moon one. Georgette said that her last time had been timed to full moon and it was better than in the past, and I just added that I thought the experience would be improved even more if it was timed with new moon instead.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I'm sure it will. After reading the Mastering Leptin book I was just floored at how much leptin is controlling in our bodies. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you do what I suggested above in combination with primal eating and the leptin protocol and 6 months from now all your endocrine imbalances are over.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have the most trouble when I menstrate on full moon. Think of ovulating and howling at the full moon like the wolves

My protocol isn't different, she was sharing her full moon experience vs. my new moon one. Georgette said that her last time had been timed to full moon and it was better than in the past, and I just added that I thought the experience would be improved even more if it was timed with new moon instead.
    I don't get how you can make this happen unless you are on the PILL; don't you worry about a pad/tampon shortage if all you wind up on the same cycle. In fact, I see a Seth Rogen-Janene Garafaol movie about the PMS disaster that is the a consequence!
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast