Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moon Cycling page 2

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    From a spiritual/Pagan perspective: Women Who bleed with the moon

I have been planning to align myself with the moon when I finally go off birth control.

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    What the hell does the moon have to do with anything? This just sounds like a bunch of faerytale bullshit to me. Unless the timing of the moon cycle just happens to be the optimal timing for menstruation by coincidence, I'm not convinced. Or maybe it has something to do with the gravitational pull? idk
    Last edited by joelwlcx; 07-05-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joelwlcx View Post
    What the hell does the moon have to do with anything? This just sounds like a bunch of faerytale bullshit to me. Unless the timing of the moon cycle just happens to be the optimal timing for menstruation by coincidence, I'm not convinced. Or maybe it has something to do with the gravitational pull? idk
    I agree with this--just in a nicer way. What's the scientific basis for better periods on the full moon? I'm definitely going to try this "moon cycling" and if it works, it works. But I'll still be curious as to why it works.

Also, what does "T." stand for? Teaspoon? Tablespoon? Some metric unit that we Americans don't use?

Juliemama is offline Senior Member
    I am on new birth control, (too fertile for my own good, not sure if my marriage can take another), the Nuva ring, Had a Merina for 6 yrs, the Pill for 12 yrs prior, barring pregnancy and nursing of course. I have bled heavily for the last few cycles (bright red, new for me) but looking back, they fell around the full moon days.. I am hopeful that I will soon be able to ditch the BC and let my body regulate the way it should.
    I have a history of being very crampy, with moderate bleeding, and ovarian cysts....years of the Pill took care of most of it, but made me a crazy bitch, and I lost my first pregnancy , to boot.
    I went Paleo (Primal) a few years ago, and one of the first things I noticed was the lack of "fibrocystic" symptoms. My boobs didn't swell, hurt, or feel like they had marbles in them. After ultrasounds, mammograms and biopsies, ( I am only 38) for "suspicious" tissue that never turned out to be anything to worry over, this was quite a relief! I can't prove that it was ditching the grains that did it, but I am sure of it.
    For those of you that may not know, the Lunar cycle regulates the tides, water levels in the soil, our bodies, and many other every day things, such as planting/harvest times and such. If you pay attention, you will notice you are not as hungry during a new moon, etc. The wise ones of our past used this timeless information everyday. Someday, hopefully, we will again get back to some of this useful information, as it is clearly not horseshit or witchcraft, but common sense, that has been used for years.
    A little off topic, but...
    My Granny was asked recently if the kids (8) drank Cow's or Goat's milk. (they had both, in the city!) "Whatever we had at the time!" was her answer...the cows and goats produced offspring at different times, therefore, they produced milk at different times. Duh!

Quote Originally Posted by joelwlcx View Post
    The moon affects the tides, and has a similar draw on all things liquid- including our bodies. Similarly animals slaughtered nearer the full moon bleed more, shellfish are juicier, and while some will deny it, there is a definite effect on people's brains. I can always tell when the full moon is near because my coworkers personalities are more exaggerated than usual. Unfortunately I find myself more sensitive and more easily irritated by said coworkers.

Don't believe it if you want to. To some it is just fairytale bullshit, but some of us feel and experience the Lunar draw.

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    The moon affects the tides, and has a similar draw on all things liquid- including our bodies. Similarly animals slaughtered nearer the full moon bleed more, shellfish are juicier, and while some will deny it, there is a definite effect on people's brains. I can always tell when the full moon is near because my coworkers personalities are more exaggerated than usual. Unfortunately I find myself more sensitive and more easily irritated by said coworkers.

Don't believe it if you want to. To some it is just fairytale bullshit, but some of us feel and experience the Lunar draw.
    I can understand the gravitational effects, I was hinting at that in my post by the way. I just thought the thread in the first place came off as "new age", but if it can be backed up by science... I'm all for it (not that I care... I'm a man after all lol). Sorry if I sounded like an ass...

LOL yeah ya kinda did, but that's ok.

I think a lot of the "new age" stuff and occult eventually will be explained by science. Magnets were once "magic" after all, and now we know better.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    I agree with this--just in a nicer way. What's the scientific basis for better periods on the full moon? I'm definitely going to try this "moon cycling" and if it works, it works. But I'll still be curious as to why it works.

Also, what does "T." stand for? Teaspoon? Tablespoon? Some metric unit that we Americans don't use?
    I have no idea why it works, just that it does. The moon has a lot of gravitiional pull of course, and effects many things in subtle ways. We women are one of those things I guess

T. was for tablespoon

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post

The word lunatic came from the phenomenon of people acting more out of character, violent and crazy and murders go up around the full moon.

Juliemama is offline Senior Member
    Childbirth, labor, conception, water, tides, planting, harvesting...it's no wonder really, that the Moon is associated with the feminine? Cutting your nails and digging your well might also be an interesting looksie! Do some research before posting like a Caveman, LOl, being male, we don't expect much more of you anyway. Forgiveness is granted..
    Sorry, I guess we all posted at the same time...lol
    Last edited by Juliemama; 07-05-2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Vino tinto

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast