Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Bad is Sour Cream? page

leoneaj33 is offline Junior Member

How Bad is Sour Cream?

Ok, So I know this was probably far from primal but I was stuck in a position where I ate at Chipotle with some friends.

I had a fajita bowl with pulled beef, tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, and sour cream. I know that some of this stuff is kinda of primal but how bad is the sour cream?

I have lost 10lbs in two weeks (which is a lot for me as I only have about 30 to lose) so I know this is working but it's situations like these where I have trouble.

Thanks
    Last edited by leoneaj33; 07-05-2011 at 01:53 PM.

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    I like sour cream, especially on my fajita bowls from Chipotle.

From Chipotle's site 2 oz. sour cream is 10g of fat (7 from saturated) and 2g of carbs. I wouldn't sweat the SC.
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I eat and use SC a lot in my cooking. I wouldn't sweat it. Fermented dairy is better than the regular stuff.
    Georgette

Pooka is offline Member
    IF you can tolerate dairy, sour cream should be fine in small amounts. The non-dairy crowd may say that's part of the 20%, but there are far worse things you could eat at Chipotle, such as the flour tortillas.

(note: I personally don't count fermented dairy in the 20% category, but that's just me.)
    Last edited by Pooka; 07-05-2011 at 02:04 PM.

leoneaj33 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks everyone. I like SC so it's good to know I can have it occasionally - I've pretty much cut dairy out of my diet.

davem is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leoneaj33 View Post
    how bad is the sour cream?
    Oh man, it's terrible... especially for me, I can't just open a container and use it... I have to finish it.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leoneaj33 View Post
    how bad is the sour cream?

Thanks
    How long has it been sitting out?

Sorry. Sometimes I have absolutely no self control . . .

For my money dairy is one of those borderline things that maybe should be avoided (by those who have a lot of weight to lose or who are dairy intolerant in some fashion or who really want to live like grok and camp in a cave and not pull on the teats of domesticated cows, goats, or sheep).

*shrUg*

Maybe I could lose weight faster if I cut it out. But small amounts of aged cheese and butter are two things that I enjoy in my diet and I don't think they're holding me back enough to dx them.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Not an option in restaurants, but I've been using full fat Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. It has a nice tang to it.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    MMmmm, I love sour cream. Not that icky low fat stuff either, the dig in, stand a spoon up in it kind. Smothered on steak, delicious!
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Proper, thick sour cream is a staple in my cooking. It's pretty much the "most primal" of the milks along with greek yogurt and kefir.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast