Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E/C -- how bad is it? page

Drama is offline Member

E/C -- how bad is it?

Primal Fuel
    I'm sure this is horrible, and I'll catch a lot of flack, but I did an ephedrine/caffeine stack a couple months ago and got absolutely shredded. It not only boosts your metabolism, but it inhibits your appetite. I did this stack before I started researching more about eating Primal and taking it seriously. Now I am more focused on doing this for the lifestyle benefits -- not just for asthetic purposes.

I'm sure there is a lot of evidence pointing out that excessive caffeine is bad -- almost common sense. Does anyone drink coffee or caffeinated tea? Or is that something to be avoided.

Cheers,

Zach

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Coffee is fine unless it gives you problems.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I also drink coffee pretty much every day. I don't "jones" for it or get headaches on the days that I skip it though, so I figure it's alright.

From what little I've heard, I'd stay away from ephedrine. It's banned in the U.S. now, right?

Canarygirl is offline Senior Member
    It's not banned in the US. I personally know one person a man in his 30's who had a massive, life-altering stroke after takin a single dose of cold medicine that had ephedrine in it. His docs said the ephedrine gave him the stroke. I also have a friend who went to the ER a week ago with serious atrial fibrulation and angina...he was taking an anti-histamine with ephedrine in it and his docs said that's what caused it for him.

I would never knowingly take something with ephedrine in it, myself.
    I'm a quitter...but I'm back now.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I experience strong symptoms from caffeine. I wouldn't call them problems though, because I enjoy every angle of the experience. But in moderation, of course. I'll drink heavily one day and light the next to avoid becoming too dependent.

Ephedrine scares me, too.

davem is offline Senior Member
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Drama is offline Member
    A small percentage of people have hypersensitivity to ephedrine. I obviously do not, but I did notice that the excessive amount of caffeine the stack calls for made me feel like crap when I missed a dose. I was taking 600mg of caffeine daily while on the stack. If I do it again, I'll cut down on the caffeine and see how that feels.

Ephedrine is found in many asthma medications that you can get at the pharmacy. They check your license and monitor how much you purchase -- too much and you'll get flagged as a meth cooker.

Drama is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    Those were great links, thank you. I was taking 60mg of ephedrine (with alkaloids of course) and 600mg of caffeine -- which is a lot IMO.

Kvalhion is offline Senior Member
    I guess bottom line is that taking ephedrine is a risk.. you may or may not experience side effects. In my eyes it's an unnecessary risk as I am able to get all the health benefits I need by just going primal, moving around, and lifting heavy things occasionally. YMMV.

Kvalhion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Double post!
    Last edited by Kvalhion; 07-06-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast