Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rooibos Tea - What of it? page

Bolivar is offline Senior Member

Rooibos Tea - What of it?

Primal Fuel
    I like Red Bush....commonly known as Rooibos Tea, a rather nice tasting hot drink. I am not a die hard fan of other teas (other than pre-primal milk & black tea, e.g. The cuppa (tm) ) . But Rooibos is rather pleasing.

I was wondering how many other people drink it, and what are some good health benefits that come with it? I heard it was great for immunity!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    It's quite high in antioxidants and makes a good substitute for tea for those who can't or don't consume actual tea. My partner is allergic to real tea, and rooibos makes a fairly good substitute for making things like chai, iced tea, and other black tea beverages.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

diploid is offline Member
    I believe it's naturally uncaffeinated. Tastes good as well.

Nomad1 is offline Senior Member
    That is what I drink all week, I really like the taste. I drink the regular kind or the vanilla, both have a great taste. I don't know what health benefits it provides, I just use it in place of coffee.

Fairychilde is offline Senior Member
    I drink it on occasion. I bought a bunch to try and replace all caffeine but I end up just drinking black or green tea and coffee instead
    Jaime, wife to Phaedrus and primal mama to A (4) and X (1).

otzi Guest
    I drink it almost every evening. Can't say I can give a laundry list of benefits I've gotten, but it hasn't killed me!

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    I don't have a list of benefits either, but it's darn yummy and I feel good after I drink it. That's enough for me.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Paleobird Guest
    I started drinking it over a year ago when I was in South Africa on vacation and caught a cold. Several pots of Rooibos tea and a 1.5 days later, my cold was gone. I have been drinking it ever since. Not so much as a sniffle.

It is also a good alternative for people looking to decaffeinate. It has a robust, nutty flavor (unlike most herbal teas that are either fruity or flowery) that keeps this reformed coffee drinker happy.

I really like kombucha and am going to try brewing some using rooibos. Has anyone out there done this?

Digby is offline Senior Member
    I like it, but not all brands are equal. I wonder what Paleobird likes since she's had the real thing.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I like it, but I drink it iced. Pretty good, and one of the few I haven't had a problem with.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast