Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rooibos Tea - What of it? page 4

flundberg is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    How about the fact that it's an extract of a legume? It contains a lot of nice antioxidants but what about antinutrients?

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I like Rooibos. It's got a nice spicy flavor that tastes great without any sweeteners.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I had no idea it wasn't caffeinated! I mix african red rooibos like a chocolate mate thing I have some mornings since I don't do much coffee.

I like milder tasting caffeine free tea at night like chamomile or a white tea (or a combination thereof) but it's good to know I could do some rooibos at night too.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by flundberg View Post
    How about the fact that it's an extract of a legume? It contains a lot of nice antioxidants but what about antinutrients?
    The tea is made from the leaves of the plant, I believe, so there should be no issue with the tea that might possibly be associated with products from legume fruits.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flundberg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    The tea is made from the leaves of the plant, I believe, so there should be no issue with the tea that might possibly be associated with products from legume fruits.
    FW is right. The tea is made from the leaves. Yes, the bush happens to be of the legume family. So what?
    Rooibos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    FW is right. The tea is made from the leaves. Yes, the bush happens to be of the legume family. So what?
    Rooibos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Yep. Just like if you eat the leaves of the turnip or radish plants. Completely different tastes and nutritional properties than the tubes. I'd imagine the same is true of the leaves vs. legume of the rooibos bush.

nuraan is offline Senior Member
    I luv Rooibos - something we grew up with ... other than the plain rooibos my favourite is Earl Grey a Carmien brand. In addition to being full of antioxidents and caffeine free, its excellent for your skin and immune system and very popular with south african mom's who feed it to their babies to help them eat and sleep better.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234