Thread: First Week page

cmpitre is offline Member

First Week

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi my name is Colby Pitre and I have been moving back and forth from different workout programs and diets. I went from doing the P90x workouts but eating what I wanted just at a calorie deficit. Then staying with P90x but following the meal plan at a calorie deficit. Then PBF for only a week then doing my own thing but watching what I eat, then insanity without the meal plan, then insanity with the meal plan. After all this I have decided to go Primal. It is the easiest plan to follow which means it will be easy to follow for the rest of my life.

So this is my first week of going Primal. I have tried the diet and PBF before but now it is no longer a diet, but a way of life.

Yesterday was my first day. I have set up my meals for the week and the only thing in my diet that I cannot hunt or gather, or make from gathering (i.e. organic peanut butter) is almond milk, string cheese, and whey protein powder.

I also did my first workout yesterday which I am doing the P90X weight programs.

So far I am feeling good about my decision to make the great life change. Hopefully I can meet my goals.
    I have setup a journal at my house to track my progress and get my goals down in writing.
    My main goal is to lose body fat and get lean. Currently at 16% BF and looking to drop down to 10% or lower.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Colby!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. Stick to the basic principles and you will do great.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

cmpitre is offline Member
    Can you help me out with how much food I should eat per day. I cannot figure out exactly how much food to eat so I do not lose any weight. I just want to drop BF% and gain some lean muscle.