Thread: Good scales.....I think mines broken! page

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member

Good scales.....I think mines broken!

Shop Now
    I was 275 when I started....than 270 than 269 and 270 for days and days until today after about a week and a half it dropped to 266.8......a movement that can only be explained by a broken scale am I right! So what are some good scales because mine can't be working.

Maybe it just needs new batteries!

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Weight loss will not be a simple linear progression. A pound a week can be 1/2 a pound in 3 weeks and 3 & 1/2 pounds the 4th. No science to back this up but I do have significant personal experience. Ditch the scale anyway, it will make you crazy.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    Weight loss will not be a simple linear progression. A pound a week can be 1/2 a pound in 3 weeks and 3 & 1/2 pounds the 4th. No science to back this up but I do have significant personal experience. Ditch the scale anyway, it will make you crazy.
    +1
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Just for fun, I weigh myself before bed and when I get up. I can lose as much as 3 lbs while I'm sleeping. It's awesome!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Grim is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    Just for fun, I weigh myself before bed and when I get up. I can lose as much as 3 lbs while I'm sleeping. It's awesome!
    It's a common thing. I always weigh in the morning just to be consistent. My weight can vary up to 5lbs.

To the OP, I understand your predicament. It's not really the accuracy that counts, it's the consistency. If you feel your scale is wildly inconsistent, search Amazon until you find something you think is good quality.

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member
    I don't actually think my scale is broken btw...maybe my words didn't make that clear...I was glad to finally see some movement, and think it actually means my weight is finally going down. I was just so surprised to see a number several pounds down so I was joking about my scale being broken. I know there are a good number of things that can cause 3 pounds change so I won't be discouraged if its 267 tomorrow.

I'm fairly certain I'm on my way down now though and can't wait to see more. I'm also doing measurements once a week so we'll see.

Grim is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiken3712 View Post
    I don't actually think my scale is broken btw...maybe my words didn't make that clear...I was glad to finally see some movement, and think it actually means my weight is finally going down. I was just so surprised to see a number several pounds down so I was joking about my scale being broken. I know there are a good number of things that can cause 3 pounds change so I won't be discouraged if its 267 tomorrow.

I'm fairly certain I'm on my way down now though and can't wait to see more. I'm also doing measurements once a week so we'll see.
    The reason I took it so seriously is because the same thing happened to me, and I assumed my scale was broken. I bought another one, haha.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    My mother bought a new bathroom scale when I was a teenager. I asked her what she did with the old one. She said it was broken, so she threw it away. I said, "But I need to get my matchbox car that rolled inside last year out!"

I remain amazed that I was permitted to survive childhood.