Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Left Chili Out for 8 hours... ok to eat? page 8

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    Oh boo hoo, did you get offended? What do you want, you want people to worry about offending one another all the time? What kind of weak garbage is that? Grow up.
    Hey, how 'bout you try not being an asshole? That would be acting like a grown up.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    Do you have the AIDS?
    Explain to me how that is any of your business?
    OR given Privacy laws why i should not report you to the HIPPA.gov?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteVick View Post
    Eat a small portion of it, put the rest in the fridge. Wait a few hours, see if you die. If you don't die, hey you're all good.

Stuff can be left out WAY longer than most people think. I've eaten pizza at room temperature 3 days later...

Give your immune system some work.
    There is some advice! Do thing A. If you die then... bye! If you live then you are straight. Do it again till you die.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Explain to me how that is any of your business?
    OR given Privacy laws why i should not report you to the HIPPA.gov?
    Let's be fair. There is nothing HIPPA about this. He asked a personal question. He's not giving out PHI, and even if he did give out PHI it doesn't matter unless he is considered a covered entity or business associate of one.

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post
    There is some advice! Do thing A. If you die then... bye! If you live then you are straight. Do it again till you die.
    actually, that's the standard procedure for testing whether something is poison or not. You ingest a small amount, and wait to see if there are reactions. If there are not, you can eat it. It's standard wildcrafting procedure, and when done correctly poses little to no actual danger to the testee.

HTownGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Honey, he put broccoli, no chiles, vinegar, and butter in his "chili." It's not a chili. A stew, maybe. But not a chili. The only way he could've made it any worse is if he left it soupy and put beans in it.
    I agree--I'm sure it's delicious, but it's not chili. The only Chili that qualifies is a good Texas bowl of red. No beans, no odd fillers--just meat, chilis and perhaps tomatoes (there is some debate on the tomatoes). It's really a very Primal dish. We Texans are dead serious about what constitutes chili.

No way I would eat 8 hour old room temp "chili" without a lot of capsaicin in it.

I love this--you may have seen it--it's been passed around on the internet for years:

The Classic Texas Chili Story

Pretty much says it all (but the Black Bean or Vegetarian Chili would have never been allowed in a Texas Chili Cookoff, and rightly so!). :-)
    Last edited by HTownGirl; 07-07-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678