Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STARVING page

kam904s is offline Member

For the primal ladies (and guys who've been through pregnancy with their ladies)... is it normal to be THIS HUNGRY at the end of your pregnancy? I'm 35w and *STARVING* every day now. I'm eating plenty of good fats and veggies and protein but it is taking ALL OF MY WILLPOWER not to order an f-ing pizza right now. Or go on a spree through the cracker aisle.

Granted, I napped through lunch but I made up for it with a big honking salad. It didn't help. Almonds didn't help. Hell, I ate straight cheese today and it didn't help either.

What gives? Tell me (please!) that this is going to go away soon.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

This is normal, and you probably need more fat, and more protein, and maybe a couple of treats!

This is my opinion, but as you approach labor, your body is trying to store fuel for the marathon, so you may want to up your (good) carb intake. Sweet potatoes, fruit, etc.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member

Yeah, I remember eating a ton when I was pregnant. Watch out though because I actually ate even more while nursing (and still lost weight really fast). I think you need something like 500 calories more a day while nursing than when pregnant.

Maybe try just chugging some fat, like some coconut oil in a shot glass. That fills me up. Don't stop eating though, even if it seems like an unreasonable amount of food. There will never be a time in your life when you body is more aware of what it needs (as long as you ignore cravings for modern addiction foods ).

Hang in there!

Sharonll is offline Senior Member

OMG, I remember being SO hungry while pregnant, and still on the SAD, although I tried even then to be more on the "whole foods" side of things. Thinking about what I filled up with, even then (we're talking at least 25 years ago), I ate a lot of meaty soups, ice cream (of course, primal ice cream is easy), celery with lots of cream cheese, steak, hot off the grill with juicy, crispy fat, lots of liver, I've always enjoyed liver. I've read that primitive cultures give pregnant women the choicest pieces of a kill, which are always the fattiest, most intense pieces. Spoil yourself, eat liverwurst, nuts, coconut cream, and quickly-fried liver, and lots of cream! You're at the end of your pregnancy! It won't last much longer. Congratulations, BTW!

I'm week 35. Never imagined I'd be here.

Thankfully the hubs came home, noted me sitting on the kitchen floor trying to figure out what to do without going crazy, and promptly made me a three-egg western style omelet with half a pack of bacon. Didn't even blink, just dried my ridiculous tears and told me to move out of the range of the popping grease.

I'm SO very blessed in him. He puts up with my craziness right now.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Congrats, Kam! Is this your first? I'd try blending together some shakes...Coconut milk, fresh berries, maybe a little bit of leafy greans, some cocoa powder even...Or cook yourself a good 12oz steak covered in butter. That usually fills me up pretty well..

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

What a sweet hubby!

Yay, glad he's taking care of you.

The coconut oil chocolate bark is my favorite way to get extra fat, especially with toasted hazelnuts.

1/2 cup of virgin coconut oil

heaping 1/4 cup of cocoa powder

2 tbsp honey (totally optional)

1/2 cup of chopped toasted nuts

Mix the oil and powder together (and honey), add the nuts and pour into a dish. Freeze or refridgerate until set. (It doesn't take long at all!)

Scarf and laugh to yourself because you are eating something that feels so bad but is SO good for you!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Oooh, that recipe sounds so good!

Yep, this is my first. I'm worried because he's still breech and I sincerely doubt I'm going to find a doctor covered by my insurance willing to deliver a breech baby naturally. I don't think any of them are trained to do so. They basically told me flat out that they're going to push for a c-section on me unless I have the perfect birth scenario. Which pisses me off but I'm stuck with them. Yay insurance companies.

So if the little guy doesn't flip in the next five or so weeks I'm not going to get to use my hypnobirthing at all and if/when we go for baby number two I'll probably end up under the knife.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member

Don't stress yet about the breach. Mine were both breach into the final weeks. I did lots of that yoga pose where you are on your knees with your head and elbows on the ground. It seemed to work. Also if you really get close to delivery and the baby hasn't flipped, a good midwife will manually manipulate your belly and can often flip the baby. Five weeks is PLENTY of time.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Yeah, please don't stress! I have heard of babies flipping themselves RIGHT before labor starts... it's crazy - somehow they just know (sometimes, not always).

And my little sister was "manipulated" to flip before birth - my mom said it was super-easy and the weirdest feeling.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast