One week off Primal...
Just thought I would share my experience over the past week when I completely fell off the Primal Bandwagon. I had pizza, burgers, bread, pastries, crackers, beer, liqueur, you name it! Yes, some of it was really delicious and nice. But wow. One week later...
Right now, I feel absolutely terrible:
- I can't focus (I have an important midterm on Wednesday that I need to study for);
- I can't get enough sleep;
- My stomach is constantly tossing and turning as it attempts to figure out what to do with the garbage I dumped into it;
- I feel anxious, stressed, and depressed (I randomly broke down earlier today for no particular reason);
- I'm incredibly lazy;
- My sex drive has dropped almost completely;
- I'm starting to have an apathetic view to life as a whole;
- I've noticeably gained fat around my stomach, love handles, back, and chest;
- My head hurts (I never get headaches)
- I'm constantly gassy and need to burp;
- I feel really bloated
Among many other symptoms. The list just goes on and on...
It's truly amazing to think that such a simple change in our diet makes such a HUGE difference. I've done Primal for roughly 6 or 7 months now and felt great, but I never could really understand how much I improved; today, I understand. This experience will definitely curb the amount I cheat in the future.
The other interesting part is that I'm already craving more sugar--I've hopped onto the insulin roller coaster and it's already becoming difficult to get off.
I can't wait to start eating clean tomorrow and detox my body. I feel damaged and poisoned. I have some delicious grass-fed beef and I'm gonna go to whole foods and load up on colorful fruits and veggies. I'm excited!
This was me, last week. To a T.
Originally Posted by hartzdaniel
I just got back from a 2 day trip over the weekend, and I feel horrible, hotdogs, burgers, packaged condiments, cake, ice cream all weekend long. I have a headache and feel like crap, I guess it happens though.
One of the things I notice when I go off the wagon is that I very quickly get anxious, beyond all of the other side affects that make me feel un-svelte and *ahem* unladylike.