Thread: One week off Primal... page

hartzdaniel is offline Junior Member

One week off Primal...

Primal Fuel
    Hey everybody,

Just thought I would share my experience over the past week when I completely fell off the Primal Bandwagon. I had pizza, burgers, bread, pastries, crackers, beer, liqueur, you name it! Yes, some of it was really delicious and nice. But wow. One week later...

Right now, I feel absolutely terrible:
    - I can't focus (I have an important midterm on Wednesday that I need to study for);
    - I can't get enough sleep;
    - My stomach is constantly tossing and turning as it attempts to figure out what to do with the garbage I dumped into it;
    - I feel anxious, stressed, and depressed (I randomly broke down earlier today for no particular reason);
    - I'm incredibly lazy;
    - My sex drive has dropped almost completely;
    - I'm starting to have an apathetic view to life as a whole;
    - I've noticeably gained fat around my stomach, love handles, back, and chest;
    - My head hurts (I never get headaches)
    - I'm constantly gassy and need to burp;
    - I feel really bloated
    Among many other symptoms. The list just goes on and on...

It's truly amazing to think that such a simple change in our diet makes such a HUGE difference. I've done Primal for roughly 6 or 7 months now and felt great, but I never could really understand how much I improved; today, I understand. This experience will definitely curb the amount I cheat in the future.

The other interesting part is that I'm already craving more sugar--I've hopped onto the insulin roller coaster and it's already becoming difficult to get off.

I can't wait to start eating clean tomorrow and detox my body. I feel damaged and poisoned. I have some delicious grass-fed beef and I'm gonna go to whole foods and load up on colorful fruits and veggies. I'm excited!

Robynbee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hartzdaniel View Post

Right now, I feel absolutely terrible:
    - I can't focus (I have an important midterm on Wednesday that I need to study for);
    - I can't get enough sleep;
    - My stomach is constantly tossing and turning as it attempts to figure out what to do with the garbage I dumped into it;
    - I feel anxious, stressed, and depressed (I randomly broke down earlier today for no particular reason);
    - I'm incredibly lazy;
    - My sex drive has dropped almost completely;
    - I'm starting to have an apathetic view to life as a whole;
    - I've noticeably gained fat around my stomach, love handles, back, and chest;
    - My head hurts (I never get headaches)
    - I'm constantly gassy and need to burp;
    - I feel really bloated
    Among many other symptoms. The list just goes on and on...
    This was me, last week. To a T.

RachelW is offline Senior Member
    I just got back from a 2 day trip over the weekend, and I feel horrible, hotdogs, burgers, packaged condiments, cake, ice cream all weekend long. I have a headache and feel like crap, I guess it happens though.

Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    One of the things I notice when I go off the wagon is that I very quickly get anxious, beyond all of the other side affects that make me feel un-svelte and *ahem* unladylike.