Thread: Oh man have I played a lot today! page

kbn1 is offline Senior Member

Oh man have I played a lot today!

Shop Now
    We had some friends over today for a campfire brunch (all the food cooked over an open fire) and then we went to the lake for swimming. After swimming we walked to a ball field and played some baseball and then back to the lake for more swimming. Back at the house we had a garage ping pong tournament and then a campfire supper. I suppose we will be off to see some fireworks soon. I feel human today.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    So pretty much a standard summer day of a kid about 40-50 years ago eh (perhaps minus open fire cooking)? Nice...
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    So pretty much a standard summer day of a kid about 40-50 years ago eh (perhaps minus open fire cooking)? Nice...
    Ha. I should have climbed a tree to round things out.

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kbn1 View Post
    We had some friends over today for a campfire brunch (all the food cooked over an open fire) and then we went to the lake for swimming. After swimming we walked to a ball field and played some baseball and then back to the lake for more swimming. Back at the house we had a garage ping pong tournament and then a campfire supper. I suppose we will be off to see some fireworks soon.
    How wonderful!
    I feel human today.
    I'm only 24, but for many years now, I feel very tense, like a robot, when I try to play. I have huge cravings to go play, but I stop myself, because "it's not right" for an adult to do that.
    Good for you to have fun, it's a great joy!

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by abstractpersona View Post
    How wonderful!

I'm only 24, but for many years now, I feel very tense, like a robot, when I try to play. I have huge cravings to go play, but I stop myself, because "it's not right" for an adult to do that.
    Good for you to have fun, it's a great joy!
    This last year I have had to work at being ok with looking silly or stupid. I used to not go swimming because I felt ridiculous in swim trunks. I decided that I would go swimming this year because I noticed that there are quite a number of overweight folks at the lake that look like they are having quite a good time. As it turns out, it is a lot of fun and a great work out. And with baseball I am not a graceful base runner and I can't knock it to the wall or throw the ball very effectively, but I ended up with 3 hits and scored 3 times. I'm sure we all looked silly, but we had a great time.