Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More than anything... page

ludo is offline Junior Member

More than anything...

I want a cookie. I am at work and stressed over a deadline and to celebrate the 4th they brought in cake and cookies. The cake is no big thing - I never liked cake. But cookies? They are my weakness..and they are like 5 feet away.

Sigh. This isn't easy right now.
    Starting Stats: Current Stats: Goal Stats:
    Weight: 283lbs Weight: 271lbs Weight: 145lbs

We started as a work project, let's see what we become.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Don't stress over it; one cookie won't kill you, but "make up for it," ASAP. Stressing over things ends up counterproductive.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    If you cant stop at one don't eat it!!

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member
    I had the same craving a week ago and I gave in. I had a GIANT chocolate chip cookie from a convenient store. It was like eating food from God's hands.

Here's your resistance: my hormones went WHACK. I gained five pounds in two days and went back up to my dreaded "160". That was my plateau weight for weeks until I started IF. When I saw "160" on the scale, I just felt so bad. Not that I didn't feel bad already for eating it, but this made it worse. The weight came back off a little slower than it came, and I'm back to 155 now, but I'm not sure it was worth it. I had a five minute long tastegasm but three days of feeling like Bubba.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Just eat the damn cookie, it's not going to derail your entire life's efforts :P
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    I had the same craving a week ago and I gave in. I had a GIANT chocolate chip cookie from a convenient store. It was like eating food from God's hands.

Here's your resistance: my hormones went WHACK. I gained five pounds in two days and went back up to my dreaded "160". That was my plateau weight for weeks until I started IF. When I saw "160" on the scale, I just felt so bad. Not that I didn't feel bad already for eating it, but this made it worse. The weight came back off a little slower than it came, and I'm back to 155 now, but I'm not sure it was worth it. I had a five minute long tastegasm but three days of feeling like Bubba.
    Nice! thanks for sharing that. after reading this, i don't think i would want the damn cookie. haha!!! I love IF too by the way, i do it twice a week for weight loss along with primal.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    Wow. You need to recalibrate. Homemade cookies made with real butter and real sugar? They're good. Store-bought cookies? Yuck. Not only are they made with crap, but they taste like it.

Gordo

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    Wow. You need to recalibrate. Homemade cookies made with real butter and real sugar? They're good. Store-bought cookies? Yuck. Not only are they made with crap, but they taste like it.

Gordo
    It was the soft kind. And it tasted delicious. You don't even know how delicious. I doubt the cookies at the convenient store are that much worse for me than the kind I can make at home. They're both about as healthy for me as a bag of cheetos.
    And cravings are like bursts; they're gone just as fast as they come. I had a craving right there in the convenient store in front of a pile of saran wrapped chocolate chip cookies. I wanted one right then. If I went out to walmart, bought the brown sugar, the milk, etc., then drove ten miles back home, mixed it all up, put them in the oven, got them out, and cooled them for while, by the time they were done, the craving would be over and I would have no desire to break my diet.

ludo is offline Junior Member
    Well...I didn't eat the cookie. I am still in the early stages of changing how I look at food so that one cookie really might have tossed me back.

Instead, I took my lunch break and hit the gym. 20 minutes on the eliptical and some strength training and I feel great and I don't want the cookie!
    Starting Stats: Current Stats: Goal Stats:
    Weight: 283lbs Weight: 271lbs Weight: 145lbs

We started as a work project, let's see what we become.

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ludo View Post
    Well...I didn't eat the cookie. I am still in the early stages of changing how I look at food so that one cookie really might have tossed me back.

Instead, I took my lunch break and hit the gym. 20 minutes on the eliptical and some strength training and I feel great and I don't want the cookie!
    You avoided it! Yeah!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast