Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Fruit??? page

Signalguys is offline Junior Member

No Fruit???

Did cavemen not eat fruit?? LOL

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    You can eat certain fruits, but if your trying to lose weight it can be a problem. Who said that cavemen didn't eat fruit?

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member
    Of course cavemen ate fruit, but the sugar content in them can be a problem for people trying to lose weight. There are two distinct types of primal living: primal living to lose weight and primal living to stay healthy. Grok was constantly doing the latter. But Grok wasn't 50, 60, 200 pounds overweight like some of us. Usually people trying to lose weight have to take out fruit and dairy on top of the grain/legume/sugar restriction.

MvEssen is offline Senior Member
    Apart from the losing weight thing the fruit sold today is most likely very different from what Grok ate. With all the processing the nutrition is far less and the sugar content way higher. Also it used to be a seasonal thing in a lot of places in the world. It makes sense that the fruit in the summer made Grok build a little bodyfat to get trough the winter.

All in all you can eat it. Depending on which fruits you eat u might want to use moderation. Berry's are awesome though, lots of benefits and little fructose.

Since I'm trying to lose weight, fruit has been saved as a once in a while dessert thing for now. But there's no reason to say that you shouldn't ever eat it at all.

We celebrated the 4th here with blueberries, strawberries and whipped cream. Berries are the best!

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday, I had a chopped nectarine in whipped cream - it was marvelous
    I'm eating to lose weight and heal my pre-diabetes - so I keep my carbs below 50g. That doesn't stop me from ever enjoying beautiful fruit, I just can't scarf it down in large quantities.

Beware the fruit-phobes. The've mistaken extracted/condensed fructose for whole fruit and now live in fear of both.
    Ok, that was mean but it seems to be close to the truth in some threads. LoL

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Marie View Post
    Yesterday, I had a chopped nectarine in whipped cream - it was marvelous
    I'm eating to lose weight and heal my pre-diabetes - so I keep my carbs below 50g. That doesn't stop me from ever enjoying beautiful fruit, I just can't scarf it down in large quantities.

Beware the fruit-phobes. The've mistaken extracted/condensed fructose for whole fruit and now live in fear of both.
    Ok, that was mean but it seems to be close to the truth in some threads. LoL
    I used to "fear the fruit" but now enjoy 1 or 2 pieces. Most can definitely lose the fat eating fruit. Can also cycle low carb with moderate carb and enjoy fruit and starchy veg.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Signalguys View Post
    Did cavemen not eat fruit?? LOL
    Who cares? It's completely irrelevant. The whole caveman thing is so insanely stupid that it makes me want to scream.

Gordo

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I happily eat fruit--with Crossfit and other activities, I find I need a bit more carbs than some, so I don't worry too much about a banana or an orange if I want it.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

maurile is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MvEssen View Post
    Apart from the losing weight thing the fruit sold today is most likely very different from what Grok ate. With all the processing the nutrition is far less and the sugar content way higher. Also it used to be a seasonal thing in a lot of places in the world. It makes sense that the fruit in the summer made Grok build a little bodyfat to get trough the winter.
    Have you read Denise Minger's article about that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast