Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Bread with burgers and hotdogs page

Hitman is offline Member

No Bread with burgers and hotdogs

Primal Fuel
    I just wanted to make this thread and see how many people like me that pass on the hamburger buns and hotdog buns at a barbecues and get weird looks. Then i explain to them way and man it's like talking to a wall.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    No, I don't eat them. Mind you, most hamburgers and hotdogs will have some cereal fillers in them anyway.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Raises hand.

I also get dirty looks because I'm eating more meat, since I'm not filling up on bread.

BUT! I was on vacation last month and went into a burger shack kind of place out in the middle of nowhere. The guy was teasing my brother and boyfriend about how annoying their "no onion" type of special orders were. Then he got to me.

Oh crap.

I ordered no bun, no fries, no onion... and he asked if I was eating paleo! He said he did too and had lost a bunch of weight, and was more than happy to personalize my order!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

I have gotten questionable glances but I just tell them that the bread takes away from the actual flavor of the meat.

Phkemp is offline Member
    I went to a July 4th barbecue last night and was SO happy to be primal as compared to previously when I'd be looking for a "complex" carb source and a "lean" protein source...tough to do.

The hosts had special order burgers from Whole Foods that had bacon and some cheese already in them. I had a big one of those on a plate, and finished the plate with a pile of veggie burger dressings that were out...Lettuce, tomatoes, a nice greek salad, and a big dollop of fresh avocado on top of it all. YUM! Oh, and beforehand a few slices of hard cheeses for an appetizer with a handful of cashews.

Skipped the buns and catsup (sugar), skipped the potato and corn chips/dips, skipped mac and cheese and potato casserole, and of course skipped the desserts (oatmeal cookies, cakes, cupcakes...yech!) Dinner was DELISH and nobody commented on my lack of a bun, and frankly I could've cared less anyway.

Oh and I stuck with water as usual, I'm not anti-alcohol but since being primal for a month, haven't had a drop. I just can't do it, as I don't want to confuse my body at his early stage.

BTW, in 4 weeks of going primal, scale has dropped from 240 to 224, with much more reasonable workouts (twice a week in gym for 40 minutes, way more hiking with the dog, and just a couple of 20 minute HIIT cardio sessions a week).

I am loving this.

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    I don't eat them, and most people don't notice/don't care. I wonder if that could partly be an age different thing, though (I don't the age of the prior posters), but I'm in my early 20's and I've noticed that the people in my age group were raised in a major tolerance/be nice way, so most people I know won't instigate differing opinions.

Nanzi is offline Senior Member
    I too was at a grad BBQ yesterday.....and had to do the best I could. No buns for hamburgers, picked the taco pieces out of the salad as well as I could, ate a lot of the veggies put out with dips. But what did me in was the Pudding Shooters. Boozed pudding in little cups with some baby chips on top. Back on the horsie today though. Actually was surprised that none of the salads were green, one actually looked ok, til I saw the broken up pieces of raw ramen noodles all thru it. My sister said it was yucky(that's a technical term).
    There were several people there who were being careful of what they ate. One a niece who has just lost a lot of weight with HCG, under a Dr's supervision, and another who has had lap band surgery. Both looked great. The niece with the lap band looked like she might have gained some of her weight back. I felt so bad, hope she doesn't blow it.
    I'm looking into the HCG and thinking about it. Has anyone here had good results, and few problems maintaining the weight loss on Primal afterwards? That to me is the key - can this be maintained with normal, careful Primal eating. I feel so much better, and do not intend to go back to SAD eating, ever. I just need to lose about 70 lbs.
    BTW Blue Eyed Chick, that is a great answer with not enough info to get into a big discussion if you don't want to.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I was uninspired yesterday in regards to cooking dinner so I had my A&W teen burger bunless and chopped into a bowl of salad
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

gordo is offline Senior Member
    If anyone asks, I just say that I'm becoming sensitive to gluten and now avoid it. Nobody raises an eyebrow.

Gordo

Hitman is offline Member
    Wow you guyz did better then me because what i did on july 2 which was a early 4th of july party i did some heavy cardio like 4 and half mile walk with my dog then i did a 13 mile bike ride then ran 2 miles. Went to the party and got drunk as all hell i was the drunkin lifeguard on duty. had big handful of chips, when the main food came around i went all primal then dessert since i did so much cardio that was even a problem had a brownie and a nice size piece of cheese cake. I don't know but i like to let loose a little but i make sure i put in the heavy cardio then your hard work don't go down the drain. Your not going to change your genes in one night. All i know is i think i had the best looking body at this pool party
    Last edited by Hitman; 07-04-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast